No, I’m not talking about the “state of total awareness,” I’m talking about the gooey, snaky deliciousness your taste buds find when you devour caterpillar rolls, dragon rolls and any other ridiculously absurd eel combinations, sushi chefs smoosh together!
Mmm… How about a roll filled with unagi, yellowtail, salmon, halibut… Okay, maybe I should leave some fish in the ocean!
Clearly I have an infatuation with this sushi ingredient, but I am certainly not the only one!
The other day I was swimming out of (you are what you eat, right?) a delicious sushi joint and almost got mobbed by eight billion paparazzi… That was until they realized that unless one of the Olsen twins gained a few pounds and decided to wear absolutely no make up and carry around a cheap purse from Target, I was no one…
Wow, way to make a girl feel special.
Apparently some… F-list celebrity was noshing at the same joint as me; awesome. Celebrities are always being photographed leaving or entering sushi joints (probably because there are five on every street corner). It’s almost a rite of passage in “celeb-ville”. If you don’t like sushi, you’re not allowed in “the club”.
But is this initiation ritual into “the club” and continued practice healthy?
Well it depends on what you roll yourself into!
Philadelphia Roll: 290 calories, 12 grams of fat, 14 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber, and 28 grams of carbs.
California Roll: 255 calories, 7 grams of fat, 9 g of protein, 6 grams of fiber, and 38 carbs.
Spicy Tuna Roll: 290 calories, 11 grams of fat, 25 grams of protein, 3.5 grams of fiber, and 26 carbs.
Dragon Roll: 520 calories, 18 grams of fat, 17 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, and 71 carbs.
Shrimp Tempura Roll: 510 calories, 21 grams of fat, 20 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, and 65 carbs.
Stick your eyes back in to your head.
While these numbers may have shocked you, that doesn’t mean you have to cancel your sushi reservation this evening. What you do have to do is practice moderation and order the rolls that don’t have mayo, tempura or cream stuffed in them.
So I am off to my favorite sushi joint, who’s with me!
So tell me:
- Favorite thing to order when out to sushi?!
- Are you all about the ORGASM rolls?! Which roll do you really find to be orgasmic?
- Edamame – yay or nay?
- If you had the power to make your own sushi roll, what you would roll up into it?!
- 7 Tips for Ordering Healthy Sushi (stacyknows.com)
- Sushi Roll Gets Launched Into Space (thedailymeal.com)
- Start Your Day Off With a Protein~ (beofgoodhealth.wordpress.com)
- Exposing the Calorie Count of Sushi, Salads and Other Allegedly Healthy Meal Options (savings.com)
- Weight Loss Secret: 9 High Fiber Foods…that actually taste good! (fitfabcities.com)