Nip. Tuck. Hide. Strap Down. Contour. Shade. Stretch. Tighten.
Let me guess… When you think of these words you immediately envision the “glamorous” world of Hollywood, the land of “bake and fake”.
It’s as if people in Hollywood, walk into an easy bake oven and pop out 30 seconds later completely transformed into something they really hoped would be good, except wound up looking and “tasting” like complete and utter…. [fill in the blank].
What a sigh of relief it was when I got my REAL hands (yes, there is such a thing as a “hand lift” and no, Hollywood has yet to influence me to get any work done) on a copy of Cameron Diaz’s new book: The Body Book.
Cameron Diaz has been thrown through the meat grinder, mutilated by the press, insinuating that she has had tummy tuck, liposuction, facial implants, butt lift, fake teeth, THE WORKS!! However, I can attest that this gregarious actress seems as NATURAL as an untouched rainforest (oh wow, that sounded all kinds of wrong… But hey, Cam does have a section in her book dedicated to THAT topic…)!
I really wanted to invite her over for a slumber party so we could paint each other’s nails, prank-call cute boys (I am pretty sure she has Chace Crawford‘s number) and watch chick flicks – would it be weird to have a Shrek marathon with her?
Wait, no… I mean, I wanted to invite her out to a swanky restaurant and bar in Hollywood, so we can throw back intoxicating cocktails, be each other’s wing women and pick up some studly dudes. Yeah…. That’s right……..?
Since that has YET to happen, Tara and I did the next best thing… We baked up (and filmed, OF COURSE) a DELECTALICIOUS breakfast/brunch recipe inspired by one of the many messages Cameron’s book illustrates: eat a variety of the most nourishing foods!
Check it out:
Here’s the recipe…
Beef Up Your Heart-y Frittata
- 1 whole medium onion, sliced
- 5 – 7 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 can of black olives, chopped
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts, we used frozen
- 4 ounces grass-fed/finished ground beef, 90/10 (omit beef if you’re vegetarian)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 – 2 tsp oregano
- 1 – 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 – 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Parsley &/or Basil to taste
CLICK HERE for step by step directions!
SO TELL ME…
- Have you heard of Cameron’s book? What are your thoughts?
- If you could author a book, what would it be called and what would it be about?
- What is your favorite Cameron Diaz movie?
- Out of all the Shrek Movies, which one is the BEST, in your mind?
- Do you like artichokes?
- Which celebrity would you like to bring you breakfast in bed? What would you want them to bring?
- What do you like to shovel down your throat in the morning?
- Tell me a story about your EASY BAKE OVEN past – I know you had one!
PS: Dudes – this book isn’t exactly catered to YOU, however….. It would be a great gift for a female in your life!