wee little self.
After all, I am a dude, albeit, short, but a dude nonetheless, and I love what she and Whitney cooked up this go-round.
They certainly had a whale of a time in the kitchen too, I might add!
So what on earth did they two lassies cócaireacht (excuse me, cook)?
Well, after they discovered that corned beef takes about 10 days to brine, they had to put their thinking caps on… Check out what they created… My fair warning though, vegetarians and vegans, will not is breá seo… I mean, like this.
What you need for the…
Beefy Cabbage Roll-Ups
- 1 pound of grass-fed/finished beef top sirloin
- 2 tbs pickling spice (or 2 tbp mustard seed, dill seed, bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, pepper, coriander, chili, allspice and ginger)
- 2 tbs olive oil (to marinade)
- 1 tbs olive oil (to sear)
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, leaves separated
- sliced Irish cheddar cheese (optional)
- mustard (optional)
This is exactly how these cailíní (ladies) made such a caithiseach (delicious) dish!
Well, I best be going before GiGi gets MAD at me… I will however, leave you with this…
Beannacht maith!! (Good Bye)
SO TELL ME:
- Do you know what a “slapper” is in Irish/English slang?
- Are you a BEEF fan? Do you pay attention to the TYPE of beef you buy (i.e., grass-fed)?
- What’s your favorite Irish-inspired food/drink?
- Have you ever been to Ireland? Give me your detailed itinerary, just in case I wind up going!
- Tell me your Leprechaun NAME (click the link)!!
- Who is your favorite IRISH actor/actress?
- VOTE FOR GIGI EATS over at SAVEUR!! You can also NOMINATE your own blog! WAD UP!
- Check out this LITTLE SPOTLIGHT on ME over at SIMPLY FRESH DINNERS… Then go check out Robyn’s RECIPES – YUM!
Put down the pint of Gat before you get ossified!
Featured on… Fit Tip Tuesday, Waste Not Want Not, Urban Naturals