‘This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and All You Magazine, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #lifeforless http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV.”
After seeing countless episodes of GiGi Eats Celebrities, Dude Food and the Nicely Naughty Girls (or so they say!)… My brother and
my future sister in law his girlfriend, Stephenie, have started to get a little jealous with the fact that I have yet to cook them up any grub! (Thanks for NOT appreciating my MAD SKILL of microwaving pre-made food from Whole Foods)…
That being said, I have however baked them lots and lots of cookies….
But such events only occur after being HOUNDED like celebs are harassed by paparazzi!
One day, in between cookie number 9 and 10, my brother somehow, mustered up the balls to ask: Why don’t you make me a real meal. And NOT with your wing women…
Stephenie chimed in too, saying: Ya, your cookies… Meh, they’d be better if… I MADE THEM… WITH ACTUAL SUGAR.
Devil horns sprouted out of my head at that point.
To prove that I can in fact take on the kitchen without my main squeezes, I accepted said DEMAND… And then proceeded to yank cookie number 10 from my brother’s hand and took away the rest of my baked goodness! Suck on that you two!
Even though I had an air of confidence when I took on the challenge, deep down, I won’t lie to you, I was a little nervous. You see, my brother and Stephenie, are pretty damn good cooks, and after watching 11 seasons of Top Chef religiously, they know how to lay on the criticism, Tom Coliccho and Padma style.
Some of you might type Pinterest.com into your search engines, but being OLD SCHOOL… I headed to REAL-LIFE FAIRYTALE LAND… TARGET… And made a b-line, knocking over a few people on the way, for their magazine rack so as to find recipe INSPIRATION in all of those cooking magazines!
One in particular popped out at me… Screamed at me really…
ALL YOU Magazine. The reason? Because: this recipe is ALL ME!
Crazy coincidence too… I had a coupon for this MAG! WHAT UP SON! Want in on this coupon, click this link (while supplies last): http://goo.gl/lRldVJ
So what did I wind up making for Tom and Padma? Well, check out the video BELOW to find out!!
Sauteed Squid with Cherry Tomatoes and Leeks
(inspired by Sauteed Fish Fillets with Tomatoes and Capers on page 61)
- 1 pound of squid (I used carved, but you can use any type)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped leeks
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic (or 1-2 tsp garlic powder)
- salt and pepper to taste
- capers, optional
So easy… This imbécile can make it ALONE!
- Sauteed 2 small cloves of minced garlic with 1 tablespoon of olive oil for about a minute.
- Add 1 cup of diced leeks and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Then add the squid and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Next add halved cherry tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Finally, add parsley and cook for another 5 minutes, to make sure squid is cooked through.
- To Serve: Eat out of the pan, or be a little more classy than ME and serve it up immediately!
And you know what YOU can do right now?!
ENTER TO WIN A $50 GIFT CARD TO TARGET!! I am feeling PRETTY GENEROUS RIGHT NOW!
Giveaway ENDS: April 28th… SO JUMP ON IT ASAP!
SO TELL ME…
- Where do you get your recipe inspiration from?
- If you have a sibling, what celebrity do they most remind you of and why?
- What’s your go-to, always delicious, staple recipe?
- Do you snack on your meal straight from the pan/pot/oven?
- How many impulse purchases do you make when you go to TARGET?! Must get the BULK pack of TOILET CLEANER! $4, such a good deal!
- If you were to cook me something, RIGHT NOW… What would you make? (PS: I cannot eat, wheat, dairy, gluten, sugar, soy, nuts & fruit!)
Linked To: Waste Not, Want Not;