I GOT A NEW JOB!
BUT THEN I GOT FIRED…
I was hired to be the newest baker at one of the Dunkin Donuts franchises right smack in the middle of Los Angeles….
My parents are just so proud.
I witnessed plenty of “healthy” celebrities throw their diets in the paper shredder!
However, I too just kept eating the merchandise… So the job, lasted… Two days.
If you just believed the above… Then you clearly do not know me but at all! And you should probably take a gander at this video!
You know who DOES know me (my eating habits anyways)? Sarah Grace of Fresh Fit N Healthy!
If you’ve never been to Sarah Grace’s blog before, when you do, your stomach is going to beat you over the head with your small intestine for not visiting sooner. Sarah is the Albert Einstein of creating the most Vincent Van Gogh-like treats such as “Sleepy Peanut Butter Chia Pudding“, “Mocha Chip Cheesecake ‘Milkshakes’“, “Healthy Cookie Dough Blizzards“, and “Raw Coconut Brownie Tarts“.
Ah crap… I guess I should say BYE to you now… Because I am sure you are now leaving my blog to go check those tantalizing treats, aren’t you!
BUT NOT SO FAST!
While Sarah Grace may be extremely kitchen creative, there is one thing she had never done before… She had never baked a treat, THAT I COULD EAT!
I challenged Sarah Grace to a GiGi Diet Friendly baking challenge, and of course, this kitchen Einstein eagerly acquiesced!
What exactly is GiGi-Friendly? Well the treat has to be FREE OF: wheat/grains, dairy, eggs, gluten, sugar (all forms), soy, nuts and fruit!
Only one other person has been successful in said challenge, and that person is Sarah of FitBetty.com!
Remember? The cookies my bro loves! This was Sarah’s idea!
Sarah Grace slaved in the kitchen, probably wasting a few pounds of coconut flour and stevia in the process, but finally published her doughnut creation and hot damn, do these sweet bagels kick Dunkin’ Donuts ASS (if it had one)!
THE TRUE TEST THOUGH: If they actually taste GOOD! Check out the latest GiGi Eats to see what The Food Pervert (because I needed a DOUGHNUT PRO to help me) and I think of what we like to call the: WTF ARE THEY MADE OF “Donuts”!
I only made a few modifications to the recipe, in that I did not use any coconut milk… BECAUSE I FORGOT TO BUY IT. Ha! I just used good ol’ water!
Lets do the DOUGHNUT:
- ½ cup Protein Powder of choice (I used Sunwarrior)
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Ground Flaxseed + ½ cup Warm Water
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Psyllium Husk
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons Stevia
- 1.5 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
(FYI: I have never baked with so many ingredients before in my LIFE!)
And here’s what you do with ALL of those ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Mix warm water and ground flaxseed together and set aside.
- Place all other dry ingredients in bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients + flaxseed mixture in separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Spray doughnut pans with nonstick spray.
- Spoon batter into mini doughnut pans
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until done
- Makes 6 (+ a little extra batter, to snack on) doughnuts
AND NOW… It’s time to SHOVE EM IN YOUR YAKKETY-YAKKER!
So tell me…
- Doughnuts vs. Pancakes… Which breakfast staple would win in a boxing match?
- Which celebrity do you think needs to hold off on the doughnuts?
- If you were a doughnut, what type would you be and why?
- What’s your favorite protein powder?
- Have you ever worked at a Fast Food Restaurant/Diner?
- What is one food you love to sneak into meals?