While other establishments typically close up shop for the holidays, The Dude Food Kitchen… Is OPEN FOR BUSINESS and throwing festive food in your mouth! However… With a holiday like Cinco De Mayo… Whitney and I cannot guarantee we will be 100% sober…
No way! While one too many alcoholic beverages definitely has a way of making you think that curvacious tree over there looks pretty sexy, it has NO AFFECT on your taste buds especially when you sink your teeth into the festive cuisine we’re about to share with you!
Shake your maracas on over to the video recipe!
For The Swimmers:
- 3/4 Pounds Swai Fillets
- 1 Tablespoon Barlean’s Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt to Taste
- Or you could use “Taco Seasoning”
For Avocado-“Flex” Dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon Barlean’s Fresh Flaxseed Oil (“flex”)
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
For Key-Lime Pie Man-garitas:
- 1 1/2 Ounces Tequlia
- 1 Tablespoon Barlean’s Omega Swirl Fish Oil Key Lime Flavor
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Ounces Pineapple Juice
- Lime Garnish
Constructing the Flex-Tacos:
- Season swai (or other white fish) fillets with spice rub.
- Pan “fry” in coconut oil about 3 minutes per side.
- While fish cooks, mix together ingredients for avocado-flax dressing.
- Warm tortilla on skillet (if using tortilla)
- Plate by laying fish on tortilla or lettuce, topping it with avocado-flax dressing.
Making the Macho Man-garitas:
- Combine ice with 1.5 oz tequila, juice of one lime, 2 oz unsweetened pineapple juice and 1 tablespoon Barlean’s Omega Swirl Fish Oil, Key Lime Pie Flavor.
- Rim glass with stevia.
- Play a few ice cubs in the glass and pour your milky concoction in the glass.
WARNING: Your taste buds will be partying like it’s 1999 after even just one bite!! Download the Uber App if you need to go somewhere because you’ll probably be in a state of elated food coma.
So Tell Me…
- So ladies, will you be (or did you) shaking your “maracas” this Cinco De Mayo?
- Dudes, how would you feel about drinking these MAN-GARITAS?!
- Have any of you ever used Barlean’s products before? Thoughts?
- Do you care for Mexican food?
- What’s your favorite taco or fajita topping?
- How will you be (or how did you) celebrating Cinco De Mayo?
- What one condiment, dressing, etc could you eat right from the bottle – NO SHAME?