Autumn is the time of year where pumpkins tend to whore themselves out worse than juicing tries to convince you that it’s healthier than eating the actual piece of produce (but you don’t fall for that, right?).
Don’t get me wrong, I love pumpkin just as much as that chickadee wearing knee-high Uggs, a tiny, tight purple mini… Is that even a skirt?, and pink furry ear muffs, sitting two tables away from you at Starbucks… But on this autumn day, pumpkins “hooking” on every street corner, causing every lady’s appetite to “pitch a tent”, is not what comes to my mind when I think of this crunchy leafed season.
Instead… I’m actually fantasizing about dill, cucumber salads, kale nachos, and chicken mole… All recipe ideas that Autumn brings to the table… And by Autumn, I mean, Autumn Calabrese, the host of the show FIXATE over at Beachbody on Demand (which you can access for 30 DAYS ABSOLUTELY FREE, along with ALL the other Beachbody programs… JUST SAYING!).
Beachbody? But it’s autumn (and soon it will be winter)… The days of frolicking in your bathing suit through the salty ocean water or cannonballing off the diving board into an Olympic-sized pool have been replaced with Michelin Man twinning, you might be saying to yourself…
Well… Don’t you be a Silly Sally or a Goofy Gus! Feeling confident and practicing healthy habits should be a year-round idea… And Autumn Calabrese (along with yours truly) wants to remind and encourage you to adopt this mindset if you haven’t already!
To further ingrain this idea into your brain, I decided to showcase how autumn doesn’t have to be synonymous with throwing all caution to the wind (thanks to the fact that baggy sweaters during this time of year are just so “in vogue”) when it comes to eating right…
Cucumber Dill Salad
- Red Onion
- Salt & Pepper
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Honey (or what I used, Xylitol Sweetened “Honey”)
Sesame Seed Encrusted Seared Ahi Tuna
- A hunk of sexy ahi tuna
- 3 – 4 Tbs Sesame Seeds (enough to coat the whole fillet of tuna you get)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil (or Olive Oil spray), for pan-searing.
- Pour sesame seeds (as well as salt and pepper) into a shallow dish (mixing them all together) and dredge your tuna steak in them, coating it on all sides.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, or use cooking spray, over medium-high heat and lay one side of the tuna into the pan. Let cook for about 3 – 5 minutes, depending on how thick your fillet is (if you like it rawer, cook for less time but of course) and flip. Cook on the other side for another 3 – 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve with Autumn’s awesome cucumber salad!
Yes, you know WHAT autumn is… But if you don’t know WHO Autumn is… Well, she’s a hard-bodied hottie who is also a celebrity trainer, best-selling author (for fitness books: 21 Day Fix & 21 Day Fix EXTREME as well as her recipe book Fixate), and working mom. This bikini competition winning stunner also has certifications from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and the American Fitness Professionals & Associates (AFPA)… So she is certainly someone you can trust when it comes to sound nutrition and fitness advice! Obviously, you want to check out what her show Fixate (that emphasizes portion controlled meals) on Beachbody on Demand (which you can access for 30 DAYS ABSOLUTELY FREE, along with ALL other Beachbody programs) is all about!
So Tell Me…
- What comes to mind when you think “autumn”?
- Are you currently at Starbucks ordering a PSL?
- What do you love most about the fall season?
- Did you know who Autumn Calabrese was?
- How do you like your tuna?
- How many layers of clothing are you wearing right now?
- You’re not a slave to juicing, are you?