I don’t visit home very often, but when I do, my nostrils are ALWAYS greeted by the most delightfully tempting and down right scrumptious aromas… The SECOND I set foot in the house.
It takes every fiber of my being not to morph into my alter ego, a hyena, and DESTROY whatever is roasting in the grassland… I mean, kitchen.
There is one dish in particular that causes me to ferociously tear through the kitchen… My parents typically need to get the kitchen remodeled after such an “attack”…
You may be thinking… “GiGi, you don’t eat butter… How could you enjoy such a succulent sauce poured over… Uh, it’s typically poured over linguini… And you don’t scarf that stuff either! I’m confused.”
Well first of all, THANK YOU for taking notes while reading/watching GiGi Eats – otherwise you wouldn’t know such details! Secondly…. My father, whom I am dedicating my recreation to for Father’s Day, is a flipping GENIUS, or in other words, dairy products are NOT NECESSARY for this recipe.
So what exactly does the recipe entail then? Check out the latest GiGi Eats for ALL THE SCRUMPTIOUS DETAILS!
These Clams Aren’t Clammed Up
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbs dry white wine
- 3 – 4 tbs clam juice
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 10 oz can of clams
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- red pepper flakes to taste (omit for AIP)
- anchovies (if I had them, I would have added them!)
Don’t clam up… Check out exactly how to cook this scrumouthfest!
For the salmon with clam sauce recipe, click here!
SO TELL ME…
- What animal is your alter-ego?
- If you could swim in a pool filled with one food, what would it be?
- How will you be celebrating Father’s Day?
- What meal/recipe/dish reminds you of good ol’ Daddio?!
- Clams, Oysters, Scallops, Shrimp or Mussels – which would you rather live off of for the rest of your life? (Obviously NOT a question for Vegans, ha ha!)