Coolio’s TRICKED OUT TILAPIA (except we use cod!)
This recipe is TOO HOT. (literally!)
Ah ha ha ha ha! Do you like my SAD ATTEMPT at writing a blog post with COOLIO song titles through out?! Did you catch on?
Any ways, here is what you need for Coolio’s Tricked Out Westside Tilapia!
2 lbs of Tilapia fillets, rinsed
1 small can crushed tomatoes
1 can fire roasted green chilies
1/2 cup chopped white onion
2 1/2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1/2 can of beer (not light)
1 sliced yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup malt vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tilapia fillets in 2-qt. casserole dish.
- Sprinkle garlic, seasoning salt, and pepper all over the fillets.
- Put chopped onion in dish.
- Pour malt vinegar over the fillets.
- Mix everything and rub into fish with your hands.
- Lay fillets out flat and put can of roasted chilies over the fillets.
- Pour beer over the whole mixture.
- Add chopped jalapeno for extra heat.
- Pour can of crushed tomatoes and sliced pepper on top.
- Cover dish, place in oven, and cook for 35-40 minutes or until the fish is flaky.
By the way, THE ANSWERS to LAST WEEK’S QUIZ are…
- 1 Hostess Chocolate Cupcake: 160 calories
- 1 Quarter Pound Burger with Cheese, Lettuce and Mayo: 572 calories
- 1 Medium Soft-Serve Vanilla Ice Cream with Sugar Cone: 382 calories
Quite a few winners! I will contact all of you individually!
SO TELL ME…
- Do you still rock out to Coolio?
- Did you know Coolio cooks?
- Are you a fan of Tilapia?
- Who was/is your favorite singer from the 80s & 90s?
- Write me a rap song in the comments below!
- Should Coolio be a guest on the show?!
- Do you think GiGi should start a career as a RAPPER?!