Over the course of the past several months, I feel as though I have actually turned into what I eat… A SALMON!
That’s because I have been traveling just as much as a salmon does… in order to reach new feeding grounds? (I guess that comparison does actually work… Because I mean, FOOD is what I do!)
It all started…
- Way back in September when I embarked on a culinary journey through Greece and Italy with my main foodie squeeze, The Food Pervert… Check out the FINAL video (and the first video of 2017 uploaded on my YouTube Channel) of our adventure!
- Then… I changed my marital status on Facebook to: Married.
- Following our nuptials, we did what “all” married people do immediately after sealing the deal… We flew to Hawaii, (Oahu, to be exact)… Where we played with pineapples (we visited the Dole Plantation)… Frolicked with balls (golfed)… Bushwacked (went hiking at Lanikai Pillboxes)… And plowed some grub (that one’s self-explanatory)… Among lots of other stuff!
- Our honeymoon continued two weeks after returning from Hawaii… When we jetted off to New York City… Where I surprised my husband with front row seats to the musical Hamilton… And then quickly realized… I have already “seen” it because, my husband… Sings it all day, every day. ALL DAY. EVERY DAY. He will be in the Los Angeles cast. Mark. My. Words.
- Then I left my brand new husband in Los Angeles and went to San Fransisco and Sacramento because I was invited to do segments on Nor Cal’s FOX and ABC’s affiliate news stations… Where I discussed healthier alternatives to those NOT SO jolly, ‘olly holiday treats!
- To Michigan and then Illinois we went immediately following my appearances… Where we were QUICKLY reminded what SNOW and COLD WEATHER (we, of course, went when the temperature did not get about 10 degrees) are… And where we KILLED PINTEREST… BEFORE…
- Hopping on Cathay Pacific’s long-haul 18-hour flight to Hong Kong…
- And then SPRINTED to our connecting Cathay Pacific flight, much like the McCallister Family, to Hanoi, Vietnam… And we made it…
- We spent three days in Hanoi… Trying our best to not get nauseated from the smells (my dad failed miserably)… While also visiting temples, taking cooking classes, eating boatloads of food, wandering the cramped alleyways… And watching by far the weirdest thing my family and I have ever seen… EVER.
- We also took a one-night cruise on the China Sea (via Paradise Cruises)… And donned Vietnamese jammies (so not what the outfits were actually called) at dinner that evening…
- We followed our stay in Hanoi with two days of really just eating (one of the worst meals I have ever eaten in my entire fucking life – the picture below is NOT the meal… It did not deserve to be photographed… If you followed my Instastories, YOU SAW the vomit inducing garbage wrapped in a banana leaf) and shopping… in Hoi An, Vietnam…
- Then we bid Vietnam farewell, not without a little bit of a hassle (let’s just say, we almost were not allowed to leave the country… And now, we are not allowed back…) and flew 50 minutes to the land of the bumpiest roads I have ever encountered in my entire life…
- Siem Reap, Cambodia.
#Cambodia isn't on the typical "the bucket list" but it should be… There are SO MANY HIDDEN GEMS in this country… Emphasis on the word HIDDEN because the #jungle has swallowed a BUNCH of these #temples right up! #angkorwat #angkorthom #taprohm #tombraidertemple #angelinajolietemple #travel #myfamily
- After eating ALL THE CURRY and BASIL CHICKEN (but seriously, we went to this buffet two nights in a row and I went up for thirds)…
Typically, I eat one spoonful of blackeyed peas on #newyearsday… For #goodluck… But #Cambodia has no such things… So perhaps #basilchicken, #fishamok and chicken & #sweetpotato #curry will have to do (ps: I ate two HUGE plates of this SCRUMPTIOUSNESS) 😛🍴… #holyfuckcurryisdamndelicious #dairyfreeforthewin #nolongeracurryvirgin 🇰🇭
- We took a quick 45-minute flight to Bangkok, Thailand.
Quite the tourist attraction… No?
Because of all of these monumental life experiences… I definitely feel EVEN MORE like a salmon, because I feel as though I have neglected my baby (salmon tend to lay eggs and then leave to… Die!), this blog, a little bit.
However, all of this travel and life events made me realize that LIFE COMES FIRST.
A few years ago… I would have stressed out worse than a squirrel that cannot find any acorns, if I knew I had to miss publishing a post on the blog and YouTube channel for the week, due to lack of time.
And that’s what I want to remind all of you.
When life happens: Pay attention to it. Enjoy it. And live in the moment.
Get off your computer… When in the heck was the last time you shut that damn thing off, anyways?
Sure. Sure. I definitely SATURATED THE CRAP out of my Instagram page with photos of all of my escapades… I mean, what else am I going to do when I ellipticalize every morning for almost two hours (I work out on vacation).
Yep. EVERY morning. And yes. FOR TWO HOURS.
But seriously. I have been blogging long enough to know that even if you take a day, week or even a month or two off from blogging and uploading YouTube videos… The friends, connections, and fans you’ve made through the inter-webs will indeed be there when you get back! Why HELLOOOOO there!
Prime example… Stalker alert!
Now, I don’t plan on ever giving up my blogging and YouTube video creating addiction. I certainly will continue to pump out, outside of the box, allergen-friendly recipe videos, and/or “weird, and quirky” whatever the heck I post on YouTube about food, nutrition, fitness and health… But I will never feel guilty if I suddenly have to take a tiny break from the blog because I need to focus on life. You shouldn’t either.
So there you have it… I am back!
Now, while I will never stop eating salmon (uh, DUH!)… Which means, I will certainly continue traveling… I do think that my immediate future resembles me taking the form of another food I eat a lot of… Chicken… Because as of the moment, I do not plan on leaving the coop for awhile… But, I am certainly allowed to roam free whenever I’d like!
So Tell Me…
- Did anyone miss me?
- How were your holidays?
- Do you ever feel guilty about not updating your blog for a few days/weeks/months?
- Can you recall the most disgusting meal of your life?
- Have you ever been to South East Asia?
- Any requests for types of videos I should create this year?
- If you truly are what you eat… What food would you be? Do you share the same personality traits as it?