What did the cucumber say to the pesto, bell pepper and avocado?
Hang out with me because I’m not a pest, peppery or the pits. I’m just cool.
Uhhh….. That was probably the worst “joke” on the face of the planet.
Good thing I am not a stand up comedian… Oh wait…
Hallmark would never hire me to write their clever greeting cards…
The “joke” above also probably makes no sense because I haven’t even told you what today’s video is about!
Well isn’t this just one big FAIL…
However, I can assure you, the recipe I am featuring today from Andi Rowland (@unrestrictedhealth) is no fail at all!
The recipe submitted: Raw Cucumber Rolls with Homemade Pesto! And it’s GiGi Approved… AKA: DAIRY FREE!!
You know you want to hang out with this cucumber roll this summer, so click PLAY below and get (cucumber) rolling with Pervy and I!
Roll these cucumbers into your mouth…
For the pesto
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Good drizzle of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and mix until just combined. If you like your pesto smooth just mix a little longer.
Cucumber rolls ingredients
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1/2 yellow capsicum
- Snow pea sprouts
- 1-2 Lebanese cucumbers
- Tooth picks
- Thinly slice the cucumber, length ways with skin on and set aside.
- Next cut up the avocado and capsicum into long thin strips and trim the ends of the snow pea spouts.
- To assemble your cucumber roll take some of your freshly made pesto and spread it over half the cucumber slices.
- Then place a slice of avocado and three to four slices of capsicum and a few snow pea sprouts in the centre of the cucumber.
- Gently but tightly roll the up the cucumber from the pesto covered end and secure with a tooth pick.
Makes around 6 rolls
So if you want to be featured in next month’s #BragYourPlate recipe video… GET HASH TAGGING!
(It will be as if you’re in the kitchen with Tara and I!)
SO TELL ME…
- Are you as cool as a cucumber or a pest like pesto?!
- Can you believe I had never had pesto before in my life?
- If you could brag ONE of your recipes… What would it be and why?
- What celebrity would you like to roll up in your cucumber roll?
- What’s your go-to summer recipe to beat the heat?
- Is there a “dream” job you have always wanted yet never felt like it was realistic? (Like a trapeze artist at the circus, for instance)
Linked to: Gluten Free Homemaker