Yep, that’s a rarity here in Hollywood… So just call me a purple polka-dotted sky-diving unicorn because… I will ALWAYS tell you the truth.
I’ll tell you that…
A. When I first moved to Los Angeles… I did something that could be seen as completely stereotypical and if dug up from the depths, I would take FULL responsibility for it.
B. I am FULLY capable of eating two WHOLE chickens and 10 pounds of salmon in ONE sitting.
C. Some days, I never take off my giraffe robe… Even if I do in fact have a meeting… A lunch… An event to cover… Or have to run to the grocery store. I am known around Los Angeles as the tiny giraffe girl, or maybe just in my brain?!
D. Sometimes the recipes I make in the GiGi Headquarters… Don’t exactly turn out the way I had envisioned…
Today, I will be discussing “D” with you… We can talk about A, B, and C at a later date if you wish.
I had this completely GENIUS plan of creating one of my favorite foods that my brother and I used to chow down on the second my father brought it home from the bakery… When he wasn’t looking of course… (My brother and I had a stealthy way of hiding our tracks or I guess in this case, nibbles)… Only to be reprimanded that evening when it was to be served to the family…
Mmm… Sun-dried tomatoes. Olives. Onions. Rosemary… BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
This girl LOVED BREAD when she was younger! Probably would have married it, if that were possible?
But as all of you know at this point, thanks to this series of blog posts… I cannot eat wheat, dairy, gluten, sugar, soy, nuts, and fruit… Thus bread and I had to break up.
Even a self-proclaimed Hollywood “psychic” (another term for professional con-artist) would tell me that eating Foccacia is not in my future.
Well, I wanted to prove this MASTER OF TRICKERY and everyone else WRONG… By creating a Foccacia recipe that I could sink my teeth into and be reminded of how scrumptious my youth was!
However, can I honestly say that I made a Foccacia recipe that will have your mouth watering…
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Told you I would tell you the truth!
But really… You need to try this out for yourself because I am very unsure as to what in the world I actually made… I even had Vianessa try it and she said, “I don’t know. You made up your own shit.”
Yep. This is me being brutally honest with you and telling you that… Perfection does NOT always happen in my kitchen.
While I thrust my purple polka-dotted self out of another airplane… Why don’t you check out the latest GiGi Eats video!
Foccacia Gone Wrong…
- 1/2 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tbs Yeast (fast acting)
- 2 medium Leeks, chopped
- 2 tbs Oregano
- 1 tbs Onion Powder (or use 1/4 – 1/2 chopped onion)
- 1 tbs Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomato Flakes (or Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped)
- 3 tbs Black Olives (of your choosing), chopped
- Course Sea Salt
- Sprigs of Rosemary
- 3/4 cup Water
- Anchovies, optional
If you ACTUALLY want to make this… Here’s what I did…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sautee chopped leeks on a skillet.
- While leeks cook, combine all other ingredients into a bowl.
- Add leeks, and stir together, adding water. Add more if you’d like.
- Distribute mixture into muffin tin… Or a deep baking dish. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Bake in the oven anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes, depending on your oven’s power.
- After the creation has baked for 10 – 15 minutes, sprinkle springs of rosemary and course sea salt on top. Put back in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- When serving, drizzle with olive oil and serve with an anchovy on top!
So Tell Me…
- How often to do FAIL in the kitchen?
- Are you sick of all the PERFECT FOOD PHOTOS & RECIPES out there? I want to hear people’s FAIL experiences… I don’t know about you!
- What one recipe have you tried numerous times but have yet to perfect?
- Are you a Foccacia fan?
- Tell me one TRUTH about yourself?
- Could you out eat me in a salmon eating contest?
- Guess what A is…