Giving people a leg up… Now that’s something I like to do when I can…
Especially when friends of mine come to Los Angeles.
After all, I don’t want them to mistakenly wind up in a Korean porno… Or on a billboard in Hollywood for STDs… Wearing a sparkling unicorn costume.
On a billboard for The Squatty Potty… Now that’s A-OK though!
I simply told him: “Hey so… CHEERS… But I’ll just be over here EATING salmon skin… Until I sprout scales.”
My ulterior motive: who doesn’t want to see his cute mug plastered along side of a bus promoting… I don’t know: Beano?
Wow… Perhaps I don’t ACTUALLY know what “giving a leg up” means?
Just pulling your leg… My actual reaction to Arman telling me that he was coming to Los Angeles…
All I could think about was the FOOD-OBSESSED ADVENTURES he and I would go on… And when he touched down in Los Angeles… I wound up taking him straight to, well, Korea…
Yes, Wolfie may look like just any ordinary Ford Explorer… But he’s (lol, yes my car has male genitalia?) is actually a flying car.
How’s that for giving a friend a leg up?!
I bet you ALL want to move to Los Angeles now don’t you…
Nah… You all just want to use me for my FLYING CAR now don’t you! Ugh… Even before you come to LA you’re already adopting the typical “user” tendencies of a majority of Los Angeles residents.
Well, before you list your house on MLS.com or tell your leasing manager you are OFF TO LA LA LAND… You may want to watch the LATEST GIGI EATS to see what I truly mean!
After watching that… You probably don’t want to come visit me anymore now, do you? Ha!
Because as you saw… I WILL make you put something in your mouth you’re not used to.
Oh man, that makes me sound like one of those sleazy guys I mentioned above that I try to steer my GREEN Angelinos AWAY from!
But what I mean to say is… I try to expand culinary horizons to those who visit because… Well… I know you ALL for instance have… FROGS LEGS on your MUST-TRY FOODS BEFORE YOU DIE BUCKET LIST!
Don’t lie VEGANS…
Any who… If you do in fact want to get hopping with these CROAKERS… This is how Arman and I made them…
TOAD-A-LLY FROG LEGS
- 1 pound (6 pairs of gams) Frog Legs
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Tamari Sauce, optional
- Hot Sauce, optional
- Grass-fed Butter, optional
- Any sort of marinade you might use with chicken, optional
The hopping instructions…
- Coat the legs in olive oil… And sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Take three sets of limbs and place in a skillet (sprayed with non-stick olive oil spray) that’s been heating over medium high heat.
- Cook the legs for roughly six minutes per side.
- Take the other three pairs of “stems” and place them on a broiling pan, and then place them in the broiler (on high) and cook for roughly ten minutes, flipping the legs over after five minutes of broiling.
- Now… It’s time to try them… Cross them off your bucket list.. And give the rest to your dog… Or the squirrel outside? But wait… If you actually like them, then continuing devouring these tiny body-builder like legs because they’re extremely lean, with only roughly 160 calories and a whopping 40 grams of protein per 8 ounces!
So Tell Me…
- What foods are on your CULINARY BUCKET LIST?
- Have you ever had FROG LEGS before? How were they prepared?
- Describe a meal that you recently had to throw most of it away because it was just so bad…
- Frog Legs or Pigs Feet… What would you rather eat?
- If you were to cook something with me in the kitchen, what would it be and why?
- Who here has made one of Arman’s BRILLIANT RECIPES?