The “chicken wing” writing this post used to be a “habitual hamster”… And holy hot damn was life INSANELY stressful when making sure my life was planned out down to the cucumber seed (get it? Hamsters eat cucumbers. I guess I’m the only one that thought my logic was cute).
Now if that metaphor confuses you… I will come right out and admit that I used to BE A PRE-PROGRAMED ROBOT.
Let’s just say I would shed a tear or two if I didn’t wake up every morning exactly at 5:04 am and you better believe dinner was promptly served in front of the TV at 6:26 pm on the nightly.
Sure, I still have a few robotic quirks (if you watch my Insta-Stories, you know I am in the gym every forking morning, and um, I post new videos and updates on the blog every Tuesday)… However, my rather powerful antidote for this slight insanity has been living my life in Los Angeles, where planning is about as popular as my… Adidas sandals?
Now while my Adidas sandals wearing tendencies will forever flourish; as every day passes, my desire to want to plan my every waking moment has dissolved much like erythritol did in today’s recipe.
You see… I have become so accustomed to just going with the flow lately that when my friend Gina came over to film a recipe video with me… We really had no idea what we were going to make (and I wasn’t bothered by this fact one bit), aside from the fact that our creation would nestle itself into a rather festive receptacle.
To see if our “WING-AGE” actually convinced some of you “hamsters” to perhaps… Kick some of your monotonous motions… You’ll have to watch the latest VIDEO!
- 1 Can Pureed Butternut Squash
- 1 Can Pureed Pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Erythritol
- 1 – 2 Scoops Vegan Protein Powders (we used Vanilla MRM packets)
- 1 Egg
- 2 Generous “Dashes” Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (as much as you’d like)
- 2 – 3 Tbs Unsweetened Coconut Milk
“Frost yourself!” – Name that movie!
- 4 Tbs Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbs Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbs Erythritol
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
For how to whip this up… Well, you could wing the shit out of it, like we did… Or you can watch the video to find out how it’s done!
SO TELL ME…
- How often do you just walk into your kitchen and “wing it”?
- Are you more of a “chicken” or a “hamster”?
- Have you seen the show ‘Westworld’?
- If you do follow a routine, what does it look like for you?
- Forks or Hands… What do you prefer to use?
- Are you the type to use everything in your pantry before buying more, or do you buy more before using up what you have?