Look at you riding in on your SPARKLING regal white thoroughbred stallion…
Oh wait… Is that just an obnoxiously stubborn braying gray mule?
Well, whatever. I appreciate you trying to channel your inner Old Spice Guy to come help me!
That being said… I have to confess… I am the type of person who hates asking for help. HATES IT.
If I were hanging off the edge of a 500-foot glacier… Fingers slipping because I am known for being quite the “butterfingers” (which is ironic considering I cannot eat butter)… I still wouldn’t ask for help.
ACTUALLY… In that particular instance… I’d MOST LIKELY be shrieking and yelping for help so loudly… The glacier would instantly shatter… Thus not giving Superman enough time to save my ass.
But here’s a better example…
Filming one of my YouTube videos. I never ask for help. I do it all myself. Coming up with the content, producing it, filming it, editing it… All me. Maybe I shouldn’t be so proud of this, though, considering my videos are probably not as good as they could be, but again, I am not the type of person who likes to ask for help…
And honestly, in some instances, it could be to my detriment.
But… I am about to bite my tongue and ask for your help, because without you, I might wind up splashing ungracefully into the icy cold waters surrounding said glacier.
So here goes… The Hallmark Channel’s Home & Family show is on the search for the BEST HOME COOK. Of course, I submitted a video… And I even helped promote the contest with Mark Steines and Debbie Matenopoulos a few weeks ago… (Video Below!)
Wow… I feel like I am on an episode of TOP CHEF... About potentially about to “pack my knives and go”.
Whoops… WRONG NETWORK.
Before you and your valiant steed come to my aid, though… I want to prove to you (with a few scenarios) that I am worthy of this title, as I am pretty sure a bunch of you are thinking about how I should probably win the title of BEST HOT MESS as opposed to BEST HOME COOK.
- It’s Friday… You’re dying to call Mr. Chin’s Chinese Bistro so you can play tonsil hockey with their beef fried rice… But you’ve got some leftover cauliflower and beef in your fridge that you know needs to be cooked… Just call me your delivery girl!
- You were dared by your sibling to take on the Whole 30 challenge (they’re not getting any holiday gifts) and now think your world will be forever bland and boring because, pasta, spaghetti, penne, rigatoni, farfalle, ravioli, etc… Are not allowed while eating that way. I used my noodle so you could say “pasta la vista” to pasta yet still feel like you can have it!
- Thanksgiving is delicious. Fact. Cooking a Thanksgiving feast more than once a year is ridiculously excessive. Fact. Eating this recipe will have you feeling as though it’s Thanksgiving without having to baste a turkey, perfect the candied sweet potatoes, cream the spinach and face the relatives. Fact. You will now be gobble gobble-ing this recipe up all the time! You’re WELCOME!
- Burying your face into a vat of mint chocolate chip ice cream sounds like a marvelous plan, um, always… However, the intelligent side of your brain reminds you of the wildly uncomfortable stomach ache you will wind up getting… And then I remind you that I made a 100% GUILT-FREE Mint Chip Ice Cream recipe that’s 100% sugar, dairy, gluten, soy, and nut-free. So go, go and get CHIP-FACED!
- Why is it that every time you cook chicken at home… It tends to wind up resembling a dog’s chew toy? NO LONGER!! You’re going to enjoy the ever living CLUCK out of this recipe, you certainly won’t be sharing any of it with Fido or Spot.
Maybe… Just MAYBE these example recipes (I have tons more too) have convinced you to gallop over (cause you’re still on your horse/mule/pony/donkey/giraffe, right?) to the website where the voting takes place and endure the obnoxious process of signing up for an account so you can LIKE my application video (which also showcases another one of my favorite recipes)? Maybe?
THERE. I did it. I ripped the band-aid off and asked for help. I would tell you how appreciative I am of all of you who decide to help me out (and to those of you who don’t… I hope you step in dog crap?), however, there really are no words for how thankful I am.
I will, however PROMISE all of you, that when (yes, WHEN, ha!) I get selected to be a guest host on Home & Family for a week between September 1 and November 4, I will certainly be shouting out to all of you who have continued to support and following along with my rather convoluted blog posts and videos each week!
So Tell Me…
- Didja… Didja actually LIKE my application!?
- Do you think YOU have what it takes to win… If so, SUBMIT A VIDEO! Voting closes September 4th!
- Out of the above recipes, which one is your favorite/sounds the tastiest to you?
- Do you struggle with asking for help?
- What superhero would you like to come save your life, if you needed saving?
- What’s your favorite cooking show on TV these days?!