As I have mentioned in previous posts, my mind… Is like a bowling ball in the gutter at a bowling alley.
And when I think of the oh so flaky, yet thick and gooey éclair pastry… My mind throws gutter balls worse than a blindfolded kangaroo hopping on one foot would.
I think the French created this pastry so my mind (and yours too?) can have immature field days whenever I think about this oblong, cream filled “delicacy”.
However, as some of you may know, the French too are recognized for their risque sense of humor… Oh wait, I am French, so I guess this makes PERFECT SENSE!
The French are also known for something else, their use of copious amounts of butter and lard as well as sugar in all of their glistening croissants, galettes, macarons, gateaus and of course, their ever so delectable éclairs!
It’s rather shocking that I am not constantly bathing in a gluttonous, goopy, sugary mix of diabetes just like “my peeps”… But this can be attributed to the fact that I have innumerable stomach issues, which have me eating a diet… My relatives would say is bête!
In order to convince them that my diet n’est pas aussi terrible as they think, I decided to grab an apron and create a GiGi-approved éclair recipe, with the help of NuZest, a vegan protein powder (roughly 21 grams of protein per serving!) made of out peas!
With my easy to digest, complete protein and utterly delicious side kick by my side (NuZest), we were able to recreate the pastry without the sugar, wheat, dairy, gluten, soy, and nuts! Check out just how magnifique this creation is… I bet if I put on a little beret and tried selling these at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower, people wouldn’t even know the difference!
For La Pậte (dough)
- 3/4 Cups Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Egg Whites (or flax egg equivalent)
- 1 Tbs Baking Stevia
- 2 Tbs Coconut Butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 Drops Toffee Stevia (optional)
Pour Le Remplissage (makes enough filling for ONE éclair – make 4 batches, each a different flavor) *You may have a little extra filling… Use for dipping!
- 1 Scoop NuZest Vegan Protein Powder (either vanilla, strawberry, chocolate or cappucinno)
- 4 Tbs Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk
- 1 Tsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Xanthan Gum
- Mix all the dough ingredients together.
- Form in oblong shapes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 370 degrees for 30 minutes.
- As dough bakes, combine all filling ingredients and mix together.
- When dough is cooked, let cool and then slice down the center.
- Smear the filling on one side of the dough and sandwich with the other side.
- Drizzle NuNaturals chocolate sauce over the tops and it’s time to manger!
So Tell Me…
- Do you know what I said at the end of my video?
- Do you speak another language?
- Are you a fan of eclairs? If so, be honest, how many have you shoveled in, in one sitting?
- Would you like to have Charlie Sheen as your sous chef?
- France: YAY or NAY?
- Have you ever tried NuZest?
- What are your favorite gluten free snack bars?
GUESS WHAT?!?! IF YOU ORDER NUZEST NOW… You can get a 10% off DISCOUNT!!! JUST USE THE CODE: GiGi