This week’s special on the holiday edition of the Dude Food Cafe menu is…
Mini Turkey Meatloaf Muffins with Ketchup “Frosting”!
Dudes around the world drool when they hear “mama’s meatloaf,” which is why Whitney and I want to warm stomachs with a cleaned up version of yo Mama’s specialty!
These mini muffins are the perfect appetizer at a holiday party, great for an “on the go” snack (yep, I don’t know about you but I like to whip meat out of my purse), or a great way to please your honey’s palate (well, unless of course she is a vegan or a vegetarian – then you’re in trouble).
Ladies, you too can bake up this recipe, in some festive attire as well (your dude will love it), and please your man’s desire for his longtime “warm belly” favorite food staple! This recipe will definitely have him reminiscing… And then some!
Stop loafing around and get cooking! Here’s what you need!
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Turkey Meat (if you are vegetarian/vegan, you can use meat-free [preferably without soy] meat)
- 1 Egg (you can use flax “egg”)
- 1/2 Cup Onions
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Carrot
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- 9-12 Tsp Low Sugar Ketchup (to spread on each “muffin”)
These muffins won’t leave you with the “inevitable” holiday muffin top so many people complain about!
Oh and ladies, if you don’t have a dude in your life… You can still feast on these
bad GOOD boys… And you can do so in something… A little more comfortable…
SO TELL ME…
- Are you known for whipping out your meat?!
- What was/is your favorite dish that your mom makes/used to make?
- What do you typically eat on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day (or if you’re Jewish, on Hanukkah)?
- Do you eat gracefully even when no one’s watching?!
- Bulky Holiday Sweaters or Tight Sexy Little Numbers?
- If you have a HEALTHY meatloaf recipe, SHARE IT!
- Do you think Santa and Mrs. Claus still have an active sex life?
Announcement: Start compiling your healthy (and/or allergen-free) cookie (or dessert) recipes! Next Tuesday I will be hosting a HEALTHY COOKIE LINK-UP as I will be CLOSING OUT Eating 4 Balance‘s 12 Days of Allergy-Free Christmas Recipes!!! I will also be honoring one very special blogger who went out of her way to concoct a GiGi-Approved COOKIE RECIPE!!!!!