Being on the OUTSIDE just kinda sucks…
A movie that dives into the emotions of a young girl named Riley, who is uprooted from her comfort-zone (the only place she’s known to call “home”) and “replanted” in an unknown territory where she is faced with many FIRSTS.
And invited yours truly to get the INSIDE SCOOP on the who, what, when, where, why and how…
So I could let the OUTSIDE… IN!
Just call me the movie GATE KEEPER?
Did you know…
- When she first heard the idea for the movie Inside Out, Amy believed “this film is going to be the best Pixar movie ever made, and it’s going to make the most money and it’s going to win an Oscar.”
- She also believed that “it will be the only good movie I’ve ever been in.”
- If given the opportunity, she would have liked to play the role of ANGER.
- Amy actually sat down with the directors of this movie to make modifications and pitched jokes because she did not want her character, JOY, to come off as annoying.
- Amy has six full-time jobs, including being the founder of SMART GIRLS… Find out more information about that endeavor here.
- Some of Amy’s favorite Disney and Pixar movies include: Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Wall-E and Snow White.
- One of Amy’s favorite Disney characters is: Cruella De Vil
- Phyllis and Amy recorded three scenes together for this movie, every other scene was recorded alone.
- Amy’s other personality “islands” (you have to see the movie to understand this reference) would be: Thousand Island, Fantasy Island, Kitchen Island and Skull Island.
- Back in 2010, Bill started “stalking” Pixar, asking to take tours. When on a tour he met the directors of Inside Out who had a mutual admiration for Saturday Night Live (SNL). They hung out at SNL for a week and then let Bill go back to Pixar as a thank you and offered him the role of FEAR.
- Bill believes they offered him the role of FEAR because he is in fact a huge wimp.
- If offered to play any role in the cast, Bill would play ANGER because being angry, to him, is very therapeutic.
- Up is Bill’s favorite Pixar movie.
- One of Bill’s favorite Disney characters: Ichabod Crane, he even dressed up like this character four Halloweens in a row.
- Bill recorded the entire movie by himself. He read lines with director, Pete Doctor.
- Bill is a fan of Chipotle.
- “People think voice acting is really easy and you just go to the studio in your pajamas and record and stuff. But you don’t. It’s really difficult and you’re channeling everything just through your voice. A lot of times you’re just screaming. Screaming for four hours straight.”
- Bill’s other personality “island(s)” would be: Sleep Island. (There’s not sex on sleep island).
- Bill believes: “what’s great about this movie is that they chose to make a film about a time in your life that we all have to go through. When you go from being young to being an adolescent, things start to change and things start to get a little hard for you. A lot of normal movies do not talk about this. I wish I had a movie like this growing up because I would go through things and you try to look for answers and you think you’re the only one going through it. They exposed this in this movie in such a beautiful, fantastical way, that’s why you have to see it. I wish this movie existed when I was younger. My life would have been a little easier.”
- Lewis was the first person cast in this movie.
- When trying to get Lewis on board, Pixar sent him a care package including a letter explaining to Lewis what Pixar is!
- When Lewis read the initial script for Inside Out, he thought: “oh my god, this is going to be flop, and I am going to be in the worst thing they’ve ever done.” However, after the writers did 12000 changes, he thought it was genius.
- Lewis’s mother couldn’t cook, and he attributes that to why he was cast as ANGER.
- If offered to play another role in the cast, Lewis would play DISGUST.
- The movie Up actually irritated Lewis because the main character spends his whole life avoiding thinking about death, yet then confronts it head on.
- One of Lewis’s favorite Disney movies: Fantasia.
- When Lewis was younger, he had an imaginary friend, along with his friends and they would make fun of their imaginary friends as opposed to making fun of one another.
- Lewis’s other personality “islands” would be: Barbecue Island (pork in a variety of fashions served in all sorts of delightful ways slathered in sauce) and Tahiti.
- Mindy sees Pixar and the directors of Inside Out as… “like dating a well raised guy that doesn’t know he looks like Tom Brady and has the title of Tom Brady. A guy that wants to make you happy and make you feel honored.”
- Mindy can relate to her character DISGUST when she has bad days, the days when she just keeps saying “I can’t, I can’t with this.”
- If offered to play another role in the cast, Mindy would play: ANGER.
- One of Mindy’s favorite memories from her past was when her mother came home from work one day (an OBGYN) and she brought Mindy a jelly-filled Dunkin Donut, and she sat on her mother’s lap, and they shared the donut. She loves this memory because she got her mother’s undivided attention (she was very competitive with her brothers in regards to getting this) and a sweet treat.
- Mindy truly sees Amy as an inspiration.
- Up is one of Mindy’s favorite Disney movies, and she had a huge crush on the fox that portrayed Robin Hood.
- Mindy’s other personality “islands” would be: Role Model Island and Sleep Island.
- When Phyllis was asked to play the role of SADNESS, she was speechless and incredibly excited.
- Phyllis believes she was cast as SADNESS because “I am just a mess and I am a real sad sack. I sit around and mope all day and I think they saw that effervescent side of me and decided to hone on it. I think it’s my insecurities, those little quirks that I have, that the director was able to glean out of me.”
- If offered to play another role in the cast, Phyllis would want to play: ANGER or DIGUST.
- Phyllis’s favorite Disney and Pixar movies include: Up and Cinderella.
- Amy helped Phyllis through a lot of the lines that they recorded together. They were the only two to record some of their scenes together.
- Phyllis’s other personality “islands” would be: Baseball Island and she would share some of Amy’s islands.
- The cast of the movie watched a screening of Inside Out together and all got very emotional during some of the scenes (for reasons you will find out when you see the movie).
PHEW! That’s a hefty dose of inside scoop!
So tell me…
- Will you be going to see Inside Out, in theaters June 19th?
- What has been the best movie you’ve seen in theaters lately?
- What emotion do you relate to the most: Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear or Disgust?
- If you could ask one member of the cast a question, what would you ask and why?
- Favorite Disney/Pixar movie… GO!
- What personality islands make up who YOU ARE as a person? (You may have to see the movie before answering this question!)
DO NOT FORGET TO COME BACK ON FRIDAY!!! I have a SCRUMPTIOUS SURPRISE FOR YOU!
But while you wait… Go on and check out Inside Out’s millions of pages of social media!
- Like INSIDE OUT on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PixarInsideOut
- Follow INSIDE OUT on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PixarInsideOut and https://twitter.com/headquarters
- Follow INSIDE OUT on Instagram: https://instagram.com/PIXARINSIDEOUT/
- Follow INSIDE OUT on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/disneystudios/inside-out/
- Visit INSIDE OUT on Tumblr: http://insideoutheadquarters.tumblr.com/
- Follow Disney/Pixar on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyPixar
- Visit the official INSIDE OUT website: http://www.wdsmediafile.com/walt-disney-studios/InsideOut/