The movie Inside Out should come with a WARNING LABEL:
WARNING: If you thought you were potty trained… This movie will have you laughing so hard you will, well, yeah… Thus attendance with your adult diaper snuggly fit is mandatory. Also, even the “macho-ist” of men will spring an eye leak when viewing this movie… So a box of tissues in you or your wife’s purse is a must. Or in other words: You will in fact experience a wide range of emotions when you see this movie.
You have now been warned. You’re welcome.
When I left the theater, my pants looked like Adam Sandler’s in the movie Billy Madison when he states that “peeing in your pants is cool” (I guess I am as cool as Miles Davis now?) and my mascara was running down my face much like the make up of a freshman coed after her first (or maybe 10th) one night stand.
However, there was ONE emotion I experienced that did not fade throughout the entire movie… DISGUST.
No, my DISGUST was not because I hated this movie. In fact, if I could marry the movie Inside Out, I would, because I am THAT in love with it… Or perhaps I am just another stereotypical Los Angeles woman trying to find her sugar daddy? Ummmm. No.
The reason for my DISGUST is because… Disney/Pixar makes broccoli look like the equivalent of satan in the food world!
As if broccoli didn’t already have a terrible reputation to begin with.
To those who don’t know what this movie is about… Check out my previous blog update here…
But in short, this movie dives deep into the complex mindset (featuring: Joy, voiced by Amy Poehler; Sadness, voiced by Phyllis Smith; Fear, voiced by Bill Hader; Anger, voiced by Lewis Black; and Disgust, voiced by Mindy Kaling) of an 11 year old girl, named Riley, who is uprooted from the only place she’s ever known to be home… And moved to San Francisco where she has to adapt to a new environment.
We’ve all been there, right?
Wait, broccoli wasn’t listed as an emotion, so why on earth did I bring up the tree-looking vegetable?
Because… In the movie, Riley and her mother submit to comfort eating (tsk tsk) and go for gooey, makes everything better pizza… Only to be given… A “DISGUSTING” broccoli topped pizza!
And that is exactly what I did… However, this is not your ordinary pizza… For it’s 100% gluten, dairy, soy, sugar and nut free (and it can certainly be made VEGAN too).
Check out just how I concocted such a JOYFUL pizza pie, that I know the cast of Inside Out would love, featuring the STALKY greenery!
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 4 tbs Coconut Flour
- 1 tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Egg (or Flax Egg or Chia Egg)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped Broccoli
- 1 GENEROUS tbs Tomato Sauce
- Optional: Toppings of your choice
- 2 tbs chopped Olives
- 1 slice White Onion
- 1/4 diced The Honest Bison Onion-Leek Bison Brat
Here’s the inside scoop on how to make the pie…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl… Put your man-power into it and stir away.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread batter into a pizza shape on paper.
- Bake dough for roughly 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, take dough out, and throw your toppings on!
- Bake for another 5 to 6 minutes!
So tell me…
- What’s your favorite kind of pizza?
- Have you ever tried to make pizza at home?
- What celebrity deserves a EXTRA LARGE pizza in the face?
- If you could share some pizza with Amy Poehler, Bill Hader, Mindy Kaling, Lewis Black OR Phyllis Smith, who would you enjoy it with and why?
- Who’s seeing INSIDE OUT tonight (or this weekend)?!
- What would you top this pizza with?
- What vegetable do YOU love that everyone else seems to hate?