What if I told you that the Food Pervert and I went to a star-studded Hollywood event the other night…
Where we chatted with the swoon-worthy Kate Hudson… Who was wearing a salmon-colored, glute-highlighting dress (oh you want to know the brand? Yeah, F that… You came to the WRONG website if you want to know about fashion…), accented with emerald green drop earrings and bright yellow pumps. <— Just had to emphasize this fashion statement…
Sure, this sounds like a mishmash of colors I, the walking fashion DON’T, might walk out of the house wearing, but I promise you, she looked hot… Unlike myself…
When we were chatting, she boasted how she is pretty happy about her new book: Pretty Happy, which focuses on “the Four Pillars of Health” including eating well, loving yourself, exercise and being mindful.
Well, I would be half-lying to you if I told you that because this run-in never actually happened.
If said encounter with Kate DID actually happen though… It would have been a pretty awesome segway into the recipe the Perv and I made for the latest Book To Plate episode… Because it was inspired by Kate Hudson’s new book that Pervy and I are PRETTY HAPPY with…
Rosemary Lemon Salmon & Hummus
- 1 Lbs Salmon Steak
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 6 Lemon Slices
- 4 Sprigs of Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Things are about to get fishy…
- Line a baking pan with tin foil and then lay sliced lemons down on tin foil.
- Place springs of rosemary on top of the lemons.
- Place salmon steak on top of the lemons and rosemary and pour olive oil over the salmon, coating fillet evenly.
- Salt and pepper to taste and then bake in the oven at 405 degrees for 20 minutes.
While the salmon cooks… Gather these ingredients for the hummus…
- 1 Can Chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice (from whole lemons)
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Tahini Sauce
- 1/2 – 1 Tbs Garlic
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- This recipe is as easy as throwing all these ingredients into a food processor and blending until smooth! If you don’t have a food processor… A blender works just fine as well. If you don’t have either… Well, then you’re in for an awesome arm workout!
So Tell Me…
- Ladies… How did you “lose a guy in ten days“?
- What food do you think to be “a little bit of heaven“?
- What is “something borrowed” that you have failed to ever return?
- Any plans for “Mother’s Day”? (Ahem, will you see the movie?)
- Anyone pick up a copy of Kate Hudson’s book?
- If you could have two celebrity chefs cook you up a 10-course meal, who would they be and what would you want them to cook?