“I will eat bananas for two weeks of every month for the entire year of 2012.”
“I will exercise for 8 hours a day and only eat a leaf of lettuce.”
“Smooth Move and I will be the best of friends for 2012.”
“My goal is to get a few ribs taken out, hey I heard Cher did it and have you seen her!”
New Year’s Resolutions. What a cliche.
We make them though… even if we tell people we don’t do such nonsense. Eat better, exercise more, live every day to the fullest, but what if you just want to lounge around the house eating bon bons and not lift a finger?
Yeah, that’s really not something you should be doing every day, but lets face it, those resolutions are going to crash and burn before you can say Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.
Instead of getting angry that you couldn’t resist buying four pints of cookie dough ice cream (yeah, yeah, they were on sale… WALK ON BY!) you should think about maybe tweaking your lifestyle a tiny bit to make it a little healthier (a celery stalk anyone?).
Oh and you don’t need a new year to do this either.
Of course celebrities make these “promises” too and it’s actually a lot worse for them because when they voice their intentions, it’s pretty hysterical when they break them…
Be on the look out this year to see which of these celebrities actually make it without breaking their pacts!
- Jennifer Hudson: “My goals for 2012 are simple — continue to live a healthy lifestyle by eating nutritious foods and exercising regularly. The tools and support that the Weight Watchers PointsPlus program provides has helped me do that, and has given me the opportunity to really make a difference. I am a true advocate for living a healthy lifestyle, and I hope to set an example that inspires others to make the same changes that I did. If I can do it, anyone can!”
- Samantha Harris: I hope to find a way to get to bed earlier so that I can spring up with more energy each morning when my kids wake up. I also want to be better with taking weekend walks with my husband and our girls.”
- Melania Trump: “I want to have fun while working out. I love to play tennis but sometimes my schedule doesn’t allow it, so I’ve started to run on the treadmill instead to catch up on the news. I also want to maintain my healthy diet. My most recent healthy obsession is to make myself an energy-boosting smoothie in the morning. I mix banana, ground flax seeds, liquid omega-3, vitamin D, lemon, fat-free yogurt, and orange juice to start the day off right and fill me up.”
- Paula Deen: “I’m just going to take the vitamins my doctor tells me to and save the sugary ones for dessert.”
- Jack Black: “I’m gonna drop fitty lbs how many quarter-pounders with cheeses is that?” He plans to do “push-ups, sit-ups, and a strict diet of…. raisins.”
- Travis McCoy: “My New Year’s resolution is to quit smoking … it’s a very dirty, filthy habit,” he said. “But not [only] is it my New Year’s resolution to quit, but it’s also my New Year’s resolution to get my friends to quit as well.”
What resolutions have you “not” made? And what resolutions do you think some celebrities should make (ahem: Lindsey Lohan)?
I know a resolution you should make… tune in to GiGi Eats Celebrities February 21, 2012 and tell everyone you know about it too… shameless promotion, yes!