You know that one day of the year (that happened to have just past) where everyone showers their loved ones with flowers, candies and
chocolate hot sauce in bed other gifts (ahem, how many of you got engaged and/or married on this day?)?
Well I don’t get why showing your love for others is dedicated to only one single day of the year…
Shouldn’t you be
experimenting in the bedroom on the daily?
You see, my Valentine’s Day wasn’t all that different from any other day of the year… In that I spent most of the time experimenting… With my kitchen, my one true love who never ever lets me down!
He’s great at dealing with my munchy crunchies?
Because of this, the Fit & Funny Foodies (Whitney and I) reunited with my lover… To bring you some protein-packed crunchy love-bite truffles (thank to Manitoba Harvest and the Fit Approach) that are guaranteed to show your affection for the ones who are special in your lives… ANY TIME OF YEAR!
If you’re too tired to show love in OTHER WAYS… I promise you these truffles are possibly the easiest treat to whip up, and are magical mouth-pleasers to boot.
PS: While Whitney was adamant about finding me a date for Valentine’s Day… I have to admit that a certain someone pulled through… You know who you are, however, you may not even be reading this!
Recipe courtesy of ManitobaHarvest.com
Protein-Packed Crunchy Love Bites
- 1/4 cup cocoa or raw cacao or carob powder
- 1/3 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Pro70 Chocolate
- 1 cup nut or seed butter (stirred well)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw honey (substitute brown rice syrup for a kinder option)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt (apparently this addition makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE!)
- 2 tbsp Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl to create a uniform texture.
2. Fold in wet ingredients by hand.
3. Form into 1-inch balls and roll in Hemp Hearts.
4. AND EAT! Keep eating… And then make more and eat more! Hemp seeds are wildly healthy for you thanks to their perfect balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids and they’re a complete source of protein!
So tell me…
- How was your Valentine’s Day this year?
- Most memorable Valentine’s Day – do share ALL the details?!
- Favorite sex position… Okay, just kidding, you totally don’t have to answer that!
- What is your favorite truffle recipe?
- Do you like when the Fit & Funny Foodies do live cook-a-longs?! What should we cook up next?
- Hemp seeds: yay or nay?