While gloppy, (typically) soybean oil-filled, “naturally” flavored, “real” mayonnaise might turn YOUR taste buds on…
It certainly does NOT rev my mouth’s “engine”… AT ALL.
In fact, I think my mouth would rather be sewn shut than force fed that thick, white, creamy condiment.
That’s definitely saying something… Considering closing my mouth is harder than making a four-course dinner while skydiving.
Since mayonnaise tends to be a staple in pretty much all summer salads though, you may now think that I forego all summer shindigs and instead hibernate in the comfort of my negative 10-degree cave (yeah, my AC bill is about as expensive as a brand new Aston Martin), until leaves start to fall from trees.
Well, since I live in Los Angeles, that would mean I would never leave my abode (because we don’t really experience seasons)… So obviously this is just not true at all.
Sure the globular white stuff gives me the heebie-jeebies… But so do spiders and I don’t let those creepy crawlers stop me from living my life.
Instead of letting massively processed wannabe aioli ruin my summer salad dining experience, I show others that they too can live a life without the white salad juice… And in the latest GiGi Eats, I show you just one of the many ways I do so!
White Salad Juice… Perhaps that “synonym” alone turned you off from mayonnaise.
MAYO-LESS Tuna Salad
- 1 Can Tuna packed in water (if you’re vegan… Jackfruit could work!)
- 1 Small Bunch Raw Spinach
- 4 Diced Sun-Dried Tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 5 Diced Olives
- 1 – 2 Tbs Olive Oil from Sun-Dried Tomatoes
MAY-O appetite be excited to eat this…
- Place all ingredients in a big bowl.
- Grab a spoon and mix together.
- Enjoy! I personally like to wrap my salad up in nori sheets!
SO TELL ME…
- Favorite summer salad?
- Is vegetable-oil based mayo your friend or foe?
- Do you have willpower when it comes to not eating specific foods that might not necessarily be good for you?
- If you had a can of tuna (or jackfruit, for you vegans out there)… What would you do with it?
- Who else is ready for fall?
- What does your thermostat read right now?
PS: There is still time to LIKE my application to be awarded the BEST HOME COOK on Hallmark Channel’s Home & Family show! Unfortunately, the site isn’t the most USER-FRIENDLY – so you can only leave comments through the website, but you can like my application through your phone!