I’m sharing my experience with #NESCAFE as part of a NESCAFE sponsored series for Socialstars™
I am not sure whether or not my 9-year-old self would be proud or pissed at me for my latest creation.
But honestly, I don’t give two FIG NEWTONS about her because well, she wasn’t exactly someone to seek advice from… She was way too busy eating four bowls of macaroni and cheese topped with Lucky Charms’ marshmallows.
ME eating grains, dairy, sugar, and soy… Yep. It actually happened at one point in my life.
Honestly just sounds like 9-year-old GiGi was an intense stoner…
However… The days of going over to my best friend’s house to eat her entire stash of packaged coffee cakes (you know, the duo package you eye when you buy that water bottle at the gas station) after school are also long gone… Well, at least the original versions (and going over to that friend’s house because well, we live on opposite coasts at this point and probably haven’t seen each other in… Two decades).
Nine-year-old GiGi’s jaw just dropped to the floor.
And now she’s shoving Apple Cinnamon PopTarts in her wide-open trap.
One thing lil’ G wasn’t a fan of consuming, AT ALL though… Well, aside from anything GREEN (except artificially colored mint chocolate chip ice cream, but of course)… Was coffee, which is rather ironic because she was just so fond of the moist and crumbly trans-fat laden mini loaf.
Now… I would like you to go do a GOOGLE SEARCH for typical coffee cake recipes… Or even google the ingredients in those horrifically unhealthy mini cakes I was obsessed with (after you finish reading this post and watching my latest YouTube video, but of course)… And you will notice: NO COFFEE went into the making of said “COFFEE” cakes…
WHAT IN THE PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED BEEF FAT?
Yep! NO COFFEE. Just another FALSELY ADVERTISED “goody”.
I mean, I don’t see any damn UNICORNS in that damn Unicorn Frappuccino…
And buffalo wings aren’t actually buffalo people…
It’s like I just revealed that Santa Claus isn’t a real dude… MIND BLOWN… I KNOW!
That being said… If you’ve come to my website, seen my YouTube videos or visited my social media platforms before, YOU KNOW… I am not the type of falsely advertise. I tell it like it is… No sugar-coating, what-so-ever.
So when NESCAFÉ® Dolce Gusto® sent me their Dolce Gusto coffee pod machine… I instantly knew I wanted to try my hand at transforming the typical “coffee” cake recipe so as to ACTUALLY include COFFEE… And of course, rid it of all it’s artery clogging garbage (BUH-bye soybean oil, corn oil, [non-grass-fed] beef fat, corn syrup and bleached wheat flour).
To see whether or not I want to plow through my actual COFFEE-laden cake like I did those little guys at my friend’s house, so long ago… I invite you to unwrap and devour the latest GiGi Eats… Perhaps you want to grab a cup of NESCAFÉ Medium Roast first or really ANYTHING because, with only one machine, you can make every type of coffee (black, espresso, latte, cappuccino, tea) and you can customize your preferred drink to how you want it; short, strong, light, tall, iced, piping hot… Before you dive into the video!
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Cup Protein Powder, I used Primal Kitchen Primal Fuel Coconut
- 1 Cup Erythritol, I used Swerve
- 14 Oz Light Roast Dolce Gusto
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tbs Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make one 14 oz cup of light roast Dolce Gusto.
- Place all ingredients listed into blender and whirl away.
- Pour batter into a greased baking pan and place in the warm oven.
- Bake coffee cake for 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven, let cool (if you have patience), cut into hunks, sprinkle with granulated erythritol and... PLOW into your mouth!
SO TELL ME…
- Did you know there was no coffee in coffee cake?
- What’s the weirdest combo of food you used to adore when you were a kiddo?
- I used to eat six sugar cookies and a strawberry shortcake ice cream bar for lunch every day in elementary school… Do you recall what you used to eat way back then?
- Do the colors you wear change your mood?
- Have you ever tried NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto? WANT TO? Earn 40% off by using GigiDubois40 at check out over on DOLCE GUSTO’S WEBSITE (valid until June 14th)! These single serving coffee machines have a professional-grade pressure system (15 bars of pressure) that extract deep, rich flavors and aromas out of every cup. BOOM!