Let me take a WILD guess as to what happened to you this morning…
You woke up after pressing snooze for about 45 minutes. Realizing that you’re going to be extremely late, you wrestle with your TRUE love (your lush pillow but of course) only to fall flat on your face thanks to your bed pulling a “piledriver” on you… A move that’s even banned from the WWE.
After regaining consciousness, you dizzily race on over to your “trusty” liquid energizer (your coffee maker), only to realize it perished the evening before… Uh, seriously Home Shopping Network? Wasn’t this contraption supposed to have a lifetime guarantee?
Miffed that you’ll probably have to wait in a line, longer than one boarding an overbooked airplane, at Starbucks, you hop into the shower, stubbing your toe in the process, and are quickly reminded that TODAY IS THE DAY the hot water would be turned off…
After jumping in and out of what feels like an Arctic waterfall, you angrily dress, putting your underwear on inside out AND backwards, and then grab your belongings, rush out the door without eating breakfast, and notice you locked your keys in the car after an excruciatingly long day yesterday… You then crumble to the ground as you think: I would much rather get a colonoscopy wide awake than endure public transportation…
After hopelessly staring at your keys sitting oh so innocently on your center console for a long 7 minutes, you call AAA… Who informs you that your “estimated wait time is 720 minutes”…
Before you start beating your car with your bag, you remember that you did in fact pack yourself a delicious Nicoise Salad for lunch, and since you apparently have 12 hours to wait, and failed to eat breakfast, you might as well dig in… So as you listen to the gawd-awful music AAA graces you with, you wolf down your seared tuna, hard boiled eggs, olives and green beans… Realizing, the day probably won’t be so bad after all.
So what exactly was the point of that supposed autobiography of your morning? To show you that… You are what you eat, and filling up on mood boosting foods, helps you realize that life isn’t so bad, even if you think the universe is out to get you!
Why exactly is a Nicoise Salad a mood enhancer? Check out the latest GiGi Eats with brand new guest, Giovanna of Confused Girl in The City to see why!
Kick Your Bad Mood’s Ass With This Nicoise Salad
- 8 ounce Tuna Steak, Seared
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Whole Medium Potato (boiled and pan sauteed in coconut oil)
- Green Beans, Steamed
- 1 – 2 Egg(s), Sunny Side Up
- Butter Lettuce
- 4 – 6 Fillets Anchovies
- 2 – 3 Tsp Caper Berries
- 2 – 3 Tbs Nicoise Olives
- Coconut oil for cooking
To Dress Up Your Salad
Constructing Your Good Mood:
- Sear tuna in coconut oil until desired doneness.
- Cook egg any way you desire, for this recipe, we went the sunny-side up approach…
- Microwave potato and then cut into pieces and pan “fry” in coconut oil.
- To plate salad, lay butter lettuce on plate and then arrange ingredients however you would like!
- Combine all dressing ingredients, whisk and pour over the salad!
- And then do your HAPPY DANCE!!
SO TELL ME…
- Describe your WORST morning ever? Was it this morning?
- What food makes puts a smile on your face the instant you sink your teeth into it?
- Which celebrity do you think could use a GOOD MOOD FOOD salad?
- What is your favorite type of salad? If you have a recipe, tell me/us and/or link to it!
- Are you a victim of SAD?
- Giovanna and I should totally be on DWTS, don’t you think?
Linked To: Waste Not Want Not Wednesday