I have established in the past that I am just one BIG fashion fuck no.
Or in other words… I have no idea what’s “in” and “out” when it comes to clothing trends… And much to my husband’s chagrin… I typically leave my house without wearing any pants.
The mental block for caring about what I look like is real… IT’S REAL PEOPLE.
However… The Food Pervert and I have heard on several occasions that…
Orange Is The New Black.
Are we wrong?
Perhaps this craze won’t be “in vogue” until June 9th?
That being said… Instead of WAITING for the furor to hit… The Food Pervert and I were influenced by a certain someone to get ahead of the trend (she certainly helped me, as she seems to always be so well put together) and sport “the new black” in this week’s recipe for Book To Plate.
Someone else who seems to be rockin’ the orange once again… Even in her cooking… Is Laura Prepon, who also happens to be that certain someone mentioned above who inspired us to don the orange before the “chi-chi” hits the mainstream.
Sure, Laura Prepon is a rather busy actress best known for rockin’ the inmate get up as Alex Vause on Orange Is The New Black (its new season will be up on Netflix, June 9th… If you didn’t catch on)… Or you know of her thanks to your addiction to watching That 70’s Show reruns on Comedy Central.
Sure, these shows are also why I know her as well… But now when I think of Laura… I will associate her with…
If Laura Prepon’s character, Alex’s… Well, YOU KNOW (you know what I am talking about if you watch the show)… With Taylor Schilling’s character Piper… Is as good as this turmeric turkey recipe… Then I don’t BLAME Piper for being addicted to Alex and going back for seconds… Thirds… Fourths… Fifths…
In fact, Piper’s antics could be compared to what I was like after Pervy and I made this recipe…
Now while Piper’s mindset might not be the healthiest… Chowing down on copious amounts of this recipe certainly is as turmeric is phenomenal for your health and we could all use a little more lean, high-quality protein!
And guess what!? It doesn’t matter what you wear when the food sashays down your throat!
LAURA PREPON’S TURMERIC TURKEY
Recreated by Book To Plate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground white-meat turkey
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon real salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat a lightly’ oiled pan over medium high heat.
- Crumble your ground turkey into the pan and season with the spices.
- Mix combo together and then add beef broth.
- Let turkey cook for 5 – 10 minutes.
- When the turkey cooks, prepare your avocado (for stuffed avocados or avocado toast).
SO TELL ME…
- Are you fashion forward or a fashion fuck no?
- If you went to jail, what would your crime have been?
- Who’s excited about Orange Is The New Black‘s new season?
- How many of you just look at your jar of turmeric in the pantry wondering: The Fuck do I do with this health bomb?
- What would you rather: eat 6 avocados or 5 pounds of turkey (or tofu if you don’t eat meat) in one sitting?
- Avocado Toast or Stuffed Avocado… Which variation would you gobble?
NO PANTS DANCE… FOR THE WIN!
SPEAKING OF WINNING…
HAVE YOU ENTERED TO WIN MY MEATY BIRTHDAY MONTH GIVEAWAY! IT WOULD BE A HUGE MISS-STEAK IF YOU DID NOT! That pun was “well done” – HAR HAR!
(In case you’re wondering, my birthday is June 26 and this year it’s a biggie!)