Have you ever been caught in a treacherous F-5 tornado filled with hail the size of pick-up trucks, hungry great white sharks, sharp machetes, an angry and drunk Chris Brown and the father of all monsters in Greek Mythology: Typhon?
Well if you can believe it, my parents had to endure such harsh conditions on a near daily basis until I was about 14 years old, when they “slayed the beast” or in other words: sent me to boarding school.
These intense weather patterns would erupt when I was forced to eat anything green…
When my beloved spaghetti, rigatoni, ravioli, bow-ties, macaroni… You get the idea… Touched even just the tiniest flake of parsley, I would throw down much like Haiphong, the deadliest typhoon ever to occur in the world (1881), to date.
Ironically though, I would only eat GREEN mint chocolate chip ice cream way back when too…
With all of this being revealed, you would HARDLY BELIEVE I am still the same “destructive tornado,” for the recipe I am sharing with you today… Includes GREEN SPAGHETTI!
I can ONLY IMAGINE the destruction I would have caused if my mother even THOUGHT about trying to feed me GREEN SPAGHETTI…
Of course, as I got older, I “matured”……. Yeah….. Well, my palette matured… Allowing me and Vianessa (you’ve seen her before when we made Identity Crisis Donuts) to create a rather INGENIOUS recipe that… Well, I cannot tell you how we feel about this creation because you’re just going to have to watch and see for yourself, of course…
And if you don’t, just remember… I didn’t mature THAT MUCH…
Gluten & Dairy Free, Paleo Pasta Carbonara
- 1/2 cup Jerusalem Artichoke, steamed and pureed
- 4 strips Grass-Fed Beef Bacon (I used US Wellness Meats), diced
- 1/3 cup Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 package Explore Asian Organic Edamame & Mung Bean Fettucinni
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Vegetable Stock, optional
- Nutritional Yeast, optional
This is how we do it… This is how we do it… (La ra ra ra ra ra…)
- Peel and steam artichoke, pour into a blender and puree, thinning it out with 1/2 cup of water.
- In a pan sautee the bacon and removed when cooked. Then add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent (add salt and pepper), then combine with bacon.
- When aromatics are cooking, boil a pot of water for the pasta, cook for roughly 7 minutes. Drain pasta water (save some) and either put pasta in a new bowl or back into the pot.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl and whisk quickly as you slowly add the artichoke “cream” to the bowl.
- Slowly pour the egg and artichoke cream mixture over the pasta and stir vigorously.
- Finally, add the bacon, garlic and onion, toss and ENJOY!
- Feel free to sprinkle some nutritional yeast on top for a cheesy flavor!
- If the sauce is too thick, add some of the saved pasta water to the combination of deliciousness!
While you wolf this recipe down… Don’t forget to check out the RIDICULOUSLY PHENOMENAL giveaway Explore Asian and I are going in on…
12 BAGS of EXPLORE ASIAN PASTA!
HERE is how to DIG IN to this giveaway!
So tell me…
- Greek Mythology… Your thing?
- Have you ever tried Explore Asian? Thoughts?
- Are you a skeptic of artichoke puree “cream” sauce?
- Have you ever heard of the benefits of green coffee?
- What classic dish would you like to see me create “GiGi-Approved” style?
- Have you ever actually experienced a tornado or tsunami?
- Bacon: yay or nay?
- What celebrity would you like to lick bacon grease off of?