There are a lot of places I have traveled to in the past that I would have loved to have been able to “extend my stay” at because, um… Why would I ever want to stop…
- Making out with the best chicken shawarma I have ever had in Crete, Greece
- Slurping down vats of fish amok and chicken curry at our hotel’s all you can eat buffet in Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Chowing 15 pounds of grilled baby octopus while being detained in Sydney, Australia
- Devouring everyone’s (8 people total) sashimi leftovers because they were still full from eating way too many dumplings at lunch when in Dapeng Bay, Taiwan
- Getting all up in some haggis (as opposed to my now husband) while on my “engagement-moon” in Saint Andrews, Scotland
However, after shoving at least 20 of these nibbles in my garbage disposal (my mouth always feels like it’s in an episode of Man vs. Food)… I somehow shut my face hole and walked away (or perhaps Tara dragged me away)… To the grill that was roasting some Alaskan cod atop a block of Himalayan sea salt and organic vegetables.
I asked for this block of salty heaven to be shoveled in my mouth. The man at the grill “how cute” smiled. No fire wrangler. I mean business. FEED ME.
I admit it… The Palm Desert Food & Wine Festival was a delicious munch fest. I emphasize food because… Well, I ain’t no wine-o. In fact, I didn’t even glance at any of the wine, cause IDGAF about it at all.
I am the type that thinks all wine smells and tastes exactly the same. Like rat piss.
Because I know what rat piss tastes like?
You have my full permission to call me a fermented grape ignoramus…
Okay, I admit that I have never actually quaffed rat piss before (Justin Bieber just whispered in my ear: never say never) unless it was one of the many odd concoctions served to me in South East Asia… “Delicacy”, my ass! Yeah… Those were moments where I did NOT want to “extend my stay”.
However on this mini trip out of the City of Fake Bimbos and Some of the Douchiest Men on the Planet… Tara and I did not need to worry about such THANKS BUT F OFF feedings… As our Extended Stay America hotel room came to the rescue with its full kitchen… Where we could contrive some grub if need be.
Now did we need to use said kitchen? You’ll just have to watch the latest video to find out…
SO TELL ME…
- Do you like wine? How many bottles do you go through a week?
- Have you ever been to a Food & Wine Festival?
- Tell me about a memorable road trip you’ve been on!
- Do you like hotels that have full kitchens in your room?
- Have you ever stayed at an Extended Stay America?
- What was the last place or situation where you wanted to “extend your stay”?