Looks like Ms. Paula D is going to have to climb her way out of that barrel of butter she is oh so famous for residing in. It’s going to be one slippery climb, but “y’all” know if anyone can do it, she certainly can!
Paula, if you’re reading this (because I am sure you
“Googled” “Yahooed” yourself after seeing you were one of Yahoo’s top searches the other day)… here is what not to do now that you have diabetes.
1. Resist the urge to stuff your face full of processed junk such as cake, donuts, cookies, chips, crackers and anything deep fried…
2. Don’t make eating the focal point of social gathering (especially when fried chicken is the friend you really want to see).
3.Butter can no longer be your BFF (this will be a hard break up for you, but I see Mr. Olive Oil over there giving you the suggestive nod).
6. You can still enjoy cooking but try and find substitutions for foods that are not diabetes friendly. Stewed collard greens instead of creamed spinach. Baked sweet potatoes instead of double deep fried, grits laden French fries.
7. Lastly, set a good example for others. We’re all watching you, and now that your secret is out, we expect you to partake in a healthier lifestyle. Don’t forget that being healthy is just as tasty as deep fried Twinkies.
- Pass the Butter: Paula Deen’s 9 Most Gluttonous Recipes (newsfeed.time.com)
- Chef Paula Deen hid diabetes, pushed high-fat food (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Paula Deen Confirms Diabetes Diagnosis (celebs.gather.com)
- Food Network’s Paula Deen battles type 2 diabetes, partners with Danish drugmaker (medcitynews.com)