While this time of year might be all JOLLY OLLY OLLY… I do however, have some rather unfortunate news to disclose. And yes, it’s worse than finding out “stick her nose up your booty” Aunty Marie is crashing the festivities this season.
GAG ME WITH A SPOON! Not Auntie Marie!
In a few years time… Santa Claus may not actually be coming to town.
Let me explain. You see, Santa is suffering from multiple ailments including diabetes, congestive heart failure and if you must know… constipation. On top of those maladies, Santa was also most recently diagnosed with CELIAC DISEASE!
When Santa’s daughter Santana got wind of this news, she thought it to be a good idea to enlist the help of Santa’s favorite elf named Elfie, to help her come up with a cookie recipe suitable for his newly diagnosed condition. After all, Santa gives so much to others, why not try and give him the gift of health?
What exactly did these two come up with…? Well, you’ll just have to watch and see.
Santana and Elfie certainly consider Sarah from FitBetty.com a saint in the allergen-free foodie realm for coming up with such a SENSATIONALLY SCRUMPTIOUS and SINLESS treat. Here’s the recipe for these miraculous sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, wheat-free, nut-free, soy-free and fruit-free cookies…
Uh, recipe, what recipe? It sounds like they have NOTHING IN THEM!
Soft Coconut “Sugar” Cookies Makes (15 cookies)
- 3 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 drops Liquid Vanilla Creme Stevia (optional – I did not use any)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 Tablespoons granulated baking stevia (I used Natvia Baking Stevia – GET 20% off your FIRST ORDER of NATVIA with this code: NATVBF20)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
If you want to make these sweet treats in your own “workshop” check out how to make them here!
Would you look at that?! This COOKIE recipe couldn’t come at a better time considering Santa will be falling down the chimney TONIGHT! Cook up a batch of these ASAP, but try and do your best NOT TO EAT THEM ALL prior to Santa’s arrival!
This mouth-pleasing creation is part of the 12 Days of Allergy-Free Christmas Recipes, hosted by Madison over at Eating4Balance! Check out all of the OTHER SCRUM-DIDDLY-UMPTIOUS meals, snacks and treats that other contributing bloggers have WHIPPED UP!!
- Eating4Balance: Breakfast Pastries
- Sprouts & Squats: Breakfast Foods
- Facing Your Storm: Christmas Drinks
- 1000 Lovely Things: Breads
- Veggie Dancer: Christmas Main Dishes
- Slices of Sarah Pie: Christmas Snacks
- Pencils and Pancakes: Christmas Appetizers
- Kat’s Health Corner: Nut Butters, Dips & Sauces
- Live Lives Life: Side Dishes
Do you have an allergy-free dessert recipe you’d like to share with the rest of us?! WELL THEN LINK UP!
‘Tis the season of GIVING and SHARING right?
SO TELL ME…
- Do you suffer from any food intolerances and/or allergies?
- What would you rather give up, gluten or dairy?
- If Santa had genie-like powers, what one wish would you ask him to grant you?
- What health advice would you give to Santa?
- Have you ever made coconut flour cookies?
- How perverted is Santana? I mean seriously, can you believe what she did in this video!!
- Are you getting COAL this holiday?
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
**BY THE WAY, I TRULY LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE! THE FACT THAT EACH OF YOU TAKE THE TIME TO COME “EAT” WITH ME ONLY MAKES ME THAT MUCH MORE HUNGRY TO SERVE YOU ALL UP SOME MORE DELICIOUS BLOG POSTS!! I REALLY HOPE YOU HAVE A PHENOMENAL HOLIDAY SEASON!**
(Where are the happy face EMOJIs on wordpress?)