Pumpkin called me bitching the other day…
He’s apparently straight up exhausted from being used.
Perhaps Pumpkin needs a pumpkin energy bar…?
My advice to him: “SUCK IT UP [pumpkin] CUPCAKE! It’s only the end of September… If you’re already feeling HOLLOW now… You’re going to be one BITTER MELON come November… And no one wants a SOUR PIE!”
Clearly I am extremely sympathetic and supportive (and the punniest person ever!).
Really though, there is no sarcasm in the above statement… Because, I made the conscious decision (the struggle was REAL) to give Pumpkin a break this week…
I even told him to carve out some time for himself…
So while Pumpkin gets “squashed” by a
baker massage therapist…
I am going to show you a berry good time WITHOUT HIM this week… Check out what’s in my oven by watching the LATEST GiGi Eats!
Strawberry Pie… That’ll Make You Cream
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Protein Powder, I used Vanilla NuZest <– Use code: GiGi at check out to get 15% off!
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbs Cinnamon
- 6 tbs Coconut Oil (or Butter), I used Kelapo Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Swerve (or sweetener of your choice, but you may have to change amount used)
- 1 tsp Liquid Vanilla Stevia
- 2 Whole Eggs (or flax egg equivalent)
- 1/2 cup Protein Powder, I used Strawberry NuZest <– Use code: GiGi at check out to get 15% off!
- 1 cup Lite Coconut Milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all crust ingredients together.
- Press mixture into a pie dish.
- Bake crust for roughly 15 minutes.
- As crust bakes, mix the coconut milk and protein powder together, until it forms a thick and creamy consistency.
- Spread “cream” over partly baked pie crust and bake for another 20 or so minutes (depending on your oven’s efficiency).
- Remove from oven and try your hardest NOT TO WOLF DOWN THE ENTIRE THING IN ONE SITTING.
So Tell Me…
- Are you already sick of PUMPKIN?
- What other Fall Foods are you fond of?
- Have you ever eaten an ENTIRE PIE in one sitting? Common, tell the truth!
- What are your thoughts on VEGAN protein powders?
- Have you ever used a pumpkin spice condom??
- What piece of equipment in your kitchen have you used only once?