WARNING: If a Girl Scout ever showed up at my door and tried to sell me boxes of cookies… I would
open-palm face push her off my door step* give her a stern nutritional jargon-laden talking to.
BYE, BYE IGNORANCE!
I DON’T think any little lady in uniform is in danger though because Girl Scouts are supposed to know a thing or two about survival, right?
I am pretty sure one of their annual Scout meetings is dedicated to dealing with people like me. People who do not DO-SI-DO with processed, refined and sugar-filled goodies.
Perhaps their exclusive Girl Scouts app, with GPS, is smart enough to know where we are… At all times. Seriously. I feel as though I haven’t seen a Girl Scout in what feels like eons.
Hold Up… WAIT A HOT, MELTED AND GOOEY Tagalong… If Girl Scouts are SUPPOSED TO KNOW “a thing or two about survival”… Then why, WHY are they always trying to shove their cookies down everyone’s throats?
Those cookies AIN’T NO survival food people.
And if you watched the video where my husband and I decode nutrition labels… You’d know why.
That being said… Police officer by day and fellow food blogger by night, Kelly Lynn of Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats… Wanted to be proactive and SAVE all the Daisies, Brownies, Juniors and Cadettes from my anti-sugar rage (because I mean, that’s what police officers do, right?!)… Thus took on the challenge of creating a healthier “cousin” (i.e. “GiGi Approved”) to the original Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie… So as to distract me from the fact that Girl Scouts will forever sell their oh so addictive treats.
SCOUTING OUT A HEALTHIER COOKIE:
THIN MINTS EDITION
- 1 Cup Chocolate Nuzest Protein Powder
- 1 Tbs Cocoa Mint Nuzest Quick Vita Kick (optional)
- 3 1/2 Tbs Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 5 Tbs Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Butter
- 1/2 Tsp to 1 1/2 Tsp (depending on your sweet tooth) Liquid Vanilla Stevia Extract
- 1 Tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 Cup – 1 Cup Water
How to make these no bake cookies – SCOUT’S HONOR!
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Shape cookie batter into Thin Mint shapes and place on serving plate, platter, tray (whatever fits in your fridge/freezer).
- Put in your fridge or freezer for several minutes until they become firm… Or you can do what I did and just eat em’ because I have no patience for “setting”. Ha!
- DEVOUR like the cookie monster you are!
So Tell Me…
- What is your “poison” of choice in the Girl Scout Cookie world?!
- Were you ever a girl or boy scout? What was your experience like?
- Do you have a recipe for a HEALTHIER version of one the original Girl Scout Cookies?
- Who wants to attempt the GIGI-APPROVED challenge**?!
- Have you checked out Kelly Lynn’s DELICIOUS website and Instagram feed?
**Creating a recipe that is wheat, dairy, gluten, sugar, soy, nut, and fruit-free… And then I will re-create it on camera and see if my mouth approves! thin mint cookie remake