Want to play a game…
GAH! I just gave myself the heebie-jeebies!
Any who… The below “game” does not consist of puzzles and riddles in order for your survival… PROMISE!
I just want to know: What type of grocery shopper are you?
Are you the type who…
- A. Makes a detailed list of everything you need, and mark down which aisle each item is in, so you can get in and get out faster than Usain Bolt runs the 100 M dash?
- B. Goes to the grocery store because, “oh I need a pint of milk,” but then winds up wandering around the store for hours, buying two economy-sized packages of chicken wings (even though you’re a vegetarian), the extra large box of cereal, some bananas, a jar of mayo, and “oh look! A penguin tea steeper! I MUST HAVE IT!“
- C. Doesn’t see grocery stores as places to buy food so as to make meals at home, but instead, walks through the electronic doors, stomach hungry, and B-LINES to the prepared food/salad bar, loads their cheeks up with enough snacks to call it a meal and then leaves, stomach full, without buying a thing.
- D. “Wait, grocery shopping? Ew. That is like so 2005.” And instead relies on a meal delivery service, Chinese (Thai, Pizza, Indian, Ice Cream, Italian, etc) take out or Amazon Fresh/Uber Fresh to get sustenance.
- E. Is an “airatarian” and doesn’t eat.
Well, first of all… If you’re E… Then you might just want to leave this website right now because you’re not going to be happy with what’s to come.
As for A, B, C and even D… I most certainly have something “in store” for all of you…
As the recipe, I am about to reveal to you… Caters to all who…
- Want to be as efficient as possible at the grocery store
- Love to simply saunter around the store for hours
- Would rather free-load their mouths than purchase food to actually prepare at home
- Are of the lackadaisical sort
Because what The Food Pervert and I found out, after creating this particular fare for another episode of our YouTube series, BOOK TO PLATE (where Tara and I re-create [or create recipes inspired by] celebrity recipes to see if they’re actually tasty)… Is that this recipe is quite possibly the easiest mixture of deliciousness to whip up, taking about 5 minutes worth of time, employing some of the ingredients you bought out of impulse, while also utilizing foods that can be found on the salad bar at any grocery store, and you don’t have to cook.
So really, regardless of what type of grocery shopper you are, you will all adore this recipe.
Now I know you want to know what it is… So click on the latest Book To Plate YouTube video!
TURKEY STUFFED AVOCADOS
Recipe inspired by David Kirsch’s Ultimate Family Wellness Book
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1 – 2 Cups Roasted Turkey Cubes (or Tofu or Hard Boiled Eggs)
- 1/4 Cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayonaise <– THE ONLY MAYO I will ever consume
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Chickpeas
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Ripe Avocado
Stuff yourself with this…
- Half your avocado. Set aside.
- Mix together the turkey, mayo, chickpeas, spinach, salt, and pepper.
- Scoop the mixture and place into the avocado natural “bowl” (where the PIT was).
- DIG IN!
Did I convince any AIRATARIANS who decided to continue reading… To start eating again?
So Tell Me…
- Well, common, which kind of grocery shopper are you?
- What’s your favorite way to eat an avocado?
- Do you know who David Kirsch is?
- What celebrity recipes would you like to see Tara and I make next?
- What was the last thing you bought on impulse?
- Anyone else get nightmares from JIGSAW?