Brrr! It’s cold outside…
But man, it’s hot in here! Wait, where exactly?
The Dude Food Cafe, of course!
Today Whitney and I are dishing up something festively in season, heart-hugging and downright cozy! Grab your DUDELY SLIPPERS!
Turkey and White Bean Pumpkin Chili!
You know you’re intrigued by this #strangebutgood mishmash of NOURISHMENT, so why not check out the latest episode of DUDE FOOD!
(Of course the ladies will love this dish too!)
So here is what you need:
- cooking spray
- 2 lb 99% lean ground turkey (if you’re vegan/vegetarian – OMIT)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chile powder, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 (15 oz cans) white northern or navy bean, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 4.5 oz can chopped green chile
- 2 cups low sodium, fat free chicken broth
- chopped cilantro and chives for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- Greek yogurt, for topping (optional)
Don’t FORGET THE BEANS!
Click here for directions on how to make this stew of ambrosial delight!
SO TELL ME:
- What’s in your favorite stew?
- Which do you prefer, warm or cold meals?
- How do you stay warm during the winter?
- Have you ever wondered if Bears get hungry when they hibernate all winter long?
- Do you prefer meatless or meatfilled chili recipes?
- What are your go-to holiday meal staples?
- Would you rather take a bath in a warm stew or a cold gazpacho?
EXTRA EXTRA! HERE IS THE GOOGLE HANGOUT VIDEO!!! Whitney and my FIRST EVER LIVE COOKING DEMO! Bring on the BRUSSELS SPROUTS!!
**If you cannot make it, don’t fret! The Live show will be taped so you can watch it later!
Lastly: the answer to last week’s Two Truths, One Lie game = # 3, me teaching English in Africa, is false! The truths = I was a competitive/pro snowboarder and I had a colectomy!