So I have to come clean about something…
I never have seen, nor will I ever see any Twilight movies. It almost pains me to even mention the damn trilogy.
Some of you may stop reading right now, unsubscribe from my blog and block all pages pertaining to GiGi Eats Celebrities after learning of this “horrid” news… But some of you might actually subscribe to my e-mail list, YouTube channel, Tumblr, like my Facebook Page and follow me on Twitter (and maybe even send me fan mail??), knowing that I am not one of “those girls” (what ever “those girls” actually means… LOL).
Obviously since I have never seen these movies before, I have no idea what they are about (except that there are three – or soon to be three, 17-hour long flicks filled with werewolves that make out with vampires and then gallop away on unicorns?).
Alas, the third and FINAL (thank god) movie comes out November 16 (I just heard a girlish squeal… Not quite sure where that came from).
So why on earth would I be bringing up this movie, considering this blog is all about food, fitness and celebrities… Obviously vampires only drink blood (man, really sucks that they can’t eat sushi) and werewolves eat… road kill?
THIS however is the best vampire movie… EVER!
Well vampires got me thinking about blood… and blood got me thinking about blood pressure.
Do you ever think about your blood?
Now that’s a weird question.
But honestly, it is an important question to ask because having high blood pressure is almost as “wonderful” as getting bitten by a vampire (and not “swoon-worthy” Edward – Oh, I guess I know his name too!)
Wait, this really gets people hot and bothered?
High blood pressure, or to get all medical, hypertension, raises your heart’s workload and can cause serious damage to your arteries. Over time, uncontrolled high blood pressure increases your risk of heart disease, stroke, and kidney disease.
Generally, if your blood pressure reading has a top number (systolic) of 120 or lower and your bottom number (diastolic) is below 80, you are doing just fine. However, if your blood pressure boils above those numbers, your risk of the above ailments rises.
If you have reached your boiling point, there are ways to turn down the “burner”…
- Exercise at least 30 to 60 minutes most days of the week
- Reduce your salt intake (but don’t eliminate it entirely)
- Eat potassium to counterbalance your salt intake
- Stop smoking, don’t start smoking and avoid second-hand smoke
- Lose weight if you need to
- Cut back on alcohol. Men should limit themselves to two drinks per day, while women should only imbibe in one
- De-stress with yoga, massage, meditations or any other activity that helps you relax
- If you currently have high blood pressure, caffeine may aggravate your levels so limit your consumption
You know what else can lower your blood pressure? Going to the movies! (Shit, did I just plug Twilight? NO! Go see Wreck-It Ralph!)
Although, when you see movie ticket prices, you may just have a heart attack!
Have you ever seen these Twilight movies? Are you a fan? Have you seen any amazing movies lately that you recommend others see?
- Flaxseed Best Food For #High Blood Pressure (mickirose.wordpress.com)
- Can high blood pressure lead to Alzheimer’s? (newsfixnow.com)
- High Blood Pressure In Young Adults More Likely To Go Undiagnosed Than Older Adults: Study (huffingtonpost.com)
- High Blood Pressure Diet Foods (answers.com)
- High blood pressure damages brain long before old age (latimes.com)