Sureeeee… You may be OBSESSED with your spiralizer, your crockpot or even just your trusty toaster oven… But hopefully, most of you have come to the realization that THE DISHWASHER is hands down the greatest kitchen gadget to ever take up space in your kitchen.
Sorry ice cream maker… Feel free to go sulk in the pantry.
But common, you know, without this Sanitation Enchantress, you might not live to see the pile of dishes that rivals the height of K2, vanish (which includes said ice cream maker)!
Clearly, Josephine Cochrane was completely OVER pruney hands, just as much as you are, resulting from scrubbing the sheeze out of all those pots, pans, and dishes she thought she needed to bake a damn… Chicken breast.
Well, guess what Josephine? Wait, can I call you Joe? K. Thanks… What if I told you (and all of you reading this right now) that the dishwasher may very well come in handy beyond allowing you more time to finish binge-watching, I don’t know… Orange Is The New Black?!
Joe would probably come back at me with the question: What is this OITNB you speak of?!
Nope… Not today Joe. I highly recommend NOT asking me any questions for fear I might drift off on Tangent Road… Like I do quite often.
Have you ever seen a salamander high-five a giraffe on a beach in Hawaii?
Yeah. Me neither.
Oh yeah, so the dishwasher…
I heard through the grapevine… I hang out in a lot of grapevines if you didn’t know this already… That it could be used as a poaching device.
No, dishwashers do not kill wild animals illegally.
I’m talking about the cooking method. You know, poaching fish… Poaching eggs… THAT kind of poaching.
So I (along with my lovely friend DANIELLE of Follow My Gut) decided to see if the RUMORS, that the dishwasher could not only help you clean up after your feast, but help you prepare a feast… Are actually TRUE!
You’re going to want to POWER WASH this video…? Uh. JUST WATCH IT to see if this “cooking method” can actually be done!
Experiment yourself with:
- 2 Sheets of Tin Foil
- 4 – 6 oz piece of fish, we used salmon
Before you press START:
- Place fish fillet between two pieces of tin foil and fold edges over.
- Put your fish packet in the dishwasher and run two regular wash cycles.
So Tell Me…
- Have you ever tried this method of cooking? If so, did it work for you?
- What is your least favorite cooking utensil/appliance to clean by hand?
- Are you the type who HATES even just one fork in the sink, or do you let the dishes pile up?
- What show are you currently binge-watching on Netflix?
- Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it?
- No, but seriously… Have you ever seen a salamander high-five a giraffe on a beach in Hawaii?