This may come as a SHOCK but… When I go into the kitchen to conceive a recipe… I tend to act like Dory.
You know… Dory.
Now stop giving your computer screen that “I don’t know WTF GiGi is talking about ONCE AGAIN“ look…
You know, the bug-eyed, blue and yellow tang fish that has short term memory.
Ringing any bells now?
Well… If those hints don’t turn on the LIGHT BULB in your brain… Then I give you full permission to:
- Call in “sick” to work (because it’s almost sick that you’ve never heard of Dory)
- Ask anyone who might be willing… To watch your kids (you certainly do NOT need them pestering you during this action-packed animated ocean documentary)
- Tell your significant other to either join you (and to bring some homemade dairy & gluten-free Goldfish Crackers) or go JUMP IN A LAKE.
So… you can have at least an hour and forty minutes to figure out what in the flippity fin I am talking about.
However… Wait… Wwwhhhhaaattttt?
I LOVE THE FISHES CUZ THEY’RE SO DELICIOUS
Wee! A goldfish. I shall call him Crispity and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Crispity.
THANKS Dory for motivating me to just KEEP SWIMMING in the kitchen this week even though I felt like quite the fish out of water… Cuz HOT DAMN… How on EARTH do you make goldfish, with the main ingredient being CHEESE, dairy-free?!
Well… To see how exactly I mirror Dory’s mannerisms, check out just how much of a buffoon I am in the kitchen this week as I try to concoct a healthier, DAIRY and GLUTEN-free version of your favorite type of fish!
I DID IT! I DID IT!
A-DORY-BLY FIN-TASTIC GOLDFISH CRACKERS
- 1/3 C. Cassava Flour
- 1/3 + 1/4 C. Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 C. Tapioca Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBS Garlic
- Salt & Pepper (as much as you’d like)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Spread batter onto parchment paper (make sure it’s a thin layer) and bake in the oven for roughly 15 minutes.
- If you’re using cookie cutters, prior to baking, cut out shapes and then put the baking sheet in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and then crack into pieces and enjoy like you would actual Goldfish crackers (i.e. eat the entire contents? haha)!
You’ll ALSO have to check out what Dory winds up DOING in her flick, FINDING DORY… Which hits theaters June 17th!