I’ve told you this before and I know you’ve seen it first hand in my videos, but I am going to reiterate it once again…
My mind wanders off ALL… THE… TIME… It loves to just stroll away like an angry toddler from his/her parents.
Thankfully no amber alerts ever need to be called for my brain, cause I have purchased a leash for it.
A few examples of my brain acting like a bit of a vagabond, though…
When I hear or see the words/names:
- FREDDIE, I immediately think about that burnt like toast serial killer with the razor glove that haunts all rebel children’s dreams who go against their mother’s wishes and watch that damn Nightmare on Elm Street movie anyways…
- PRINCE… Well, common, we ALL know my mind (and yours?) sees PURPLE. And then rain.
- JUNIOR… OBVIOUSLY, I envision a JACKED AF Austrian man who is with child.
And if I put those words/names together… Then my mind wanders off to a land where a tall, dark, handsome (and actually, mature) studly high schooler named Zack Siler, pulls up next to me in his yellow Land Rover and curls his lip into a sexy half grin… Asking me if I want to go on a safari with him in Tanzania.
Cause I’m not… I am (along with The Food Pervert – T. NIPS!) actually bringing some of Freddie Prinze Jr’s SHRIMP SCAMPI from his cookbook BACK IN THE KITCHEN… I am SHRIMPLY the best to you all… I KNOW! I am not shellfish at all.
Actually, when it comes to fish… I totally am, but I’m krilly trying to practice my adulting and share.
QUIT IT WITH THE PUNS YOU FRIGGIN’ GADFLY (Someone had to say it!).
BUT Holy Shrimp! This Scampi Happening…
Freddie Prinze Jr’s Shrimp Scampi…
- 2 lbs Shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 6 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tbs White Wine
- 1/4 cup minced Shallot
- 4 minced Garlic Cloves
- 2.5 tbs chopped Parsley, fresh
- 1/2 tbs chopped Rosemary, fresh
- grated zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp crushed Red Pepper
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- crushed Almonds, optional
Freddie will Scampi your SHRIMP…
- Combine all the above ingredients into a bowl and mix with the best kitchen utensil ever… YOUR HANDS!
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet and bake in the over for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and serve alone, or poured over spaghetti squash, zoodles, spaghetti (if you go that route), or a bed of greens!
- Gobble up the entire contents of this recipe.
- Leave a comment telling me how OBSESSED you are with this recipe, and FPJ!
So Tell Me…
- Where does your mind like to wander off to?
- What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?
- When was the last time you saw SHE’S ALL THAT?
- Are/Were you a fan of Freddie Prinze Jr? Ladiesssssssss…. You can’t tell me you DID NOT have a poster of him on your wall when you were younger. Perhaps you still do?
- Who else thinks Freddie needs to come join Pervy and I in the kitchen when we make another one of his recipes?!
- Do you like sharing food?