GiGi Eats Celebrities: That’s NOT false advertising!
You may think that because Gwyneth Paltrow is mostly skin and bones she isn’t tasty at all…
Well lean “food” can be delicious too!!
Okay, I will now stop acting like a cannibal and get to the point.
I was feeling PRETTY perverted the other day… All I wanted to do was squish meat between my fingers… So who better to call than the Food Pervert herself, Tara Redfield.
You all met Tara back when she joined me in my snack-food swap video.
Tara immediately arrived at the GiGi Eats Celebrities headquarters (ha ha, oh I love calling my kitchen that) to show me how to act like a TRUE food pervert. With her she brought some delicious ingredients, including a basil plant and ground turkey (YES!! Just what I needed to satisfy my desire to build meat-men – who needs playdough?)… She also surprised me with an unexpected guest.
To satisfy our hankerings to get down and dirty with some grub, Gwyn, Tara and I decided to create one of the recipes from Gwyn’s latest cookbook, It’s All Good… Middle Eastern Turkey Burgers with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce.
You will want to put this in your mouth!
Here’s the AMAZING RECIPE (you have to watch the video to see how to make the recipe though!):
For the Burgers:
- 4 shallots
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsps dried oregano
- 8 large basil leaves
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey (not 99% lean)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
For the Yogurt Sauce (makes 1 1/2 cups):
- 1 cup plain sheep or goat’s milk (can use plain coconut yogurt)
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly slices
- 2 sprigs of mint leaves, finely diced
- 1 tbs finely chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
See: Not all celebrity diets are boring!
SO TELL ME:
- What do you think about celebrities who have cookbooks?
- How do you like THE FOOD PERVERT’S hair?!
- Do you love or hate Gwyneth Paltrow?
- Have you ever tried a celebrity’s recipe?
- Do you like GiGi Eats Celebrities recipe videos?!
- Anyone know how to sharpen the image quality of a video AFTER uploading it to YouTube?
- Do you like to get down and dirty with your food?
- If you could have a three-some with two foods, what would they be?