I am absolutely in love with…
He is insanely robust and tantalizing…
You might be a bit taken aback by my aroused confession (and possibly confused by the swirling hunk of awesome above) considering at this point you probably all know that I have a fella in my life that ain’t your average Joe…
He’s wayyyyyyyy above average
But don’t be…
Because he and I have a very open relationship… WHEN IT COMES TO FOOD that is!
You see… Joe (‘s Falafel) is just one of the many shawarma restaurants I frequent at least three times a week, EVERY WEEK… Because I have an, almost necessary that I go to REHAB, addiction to said cuisine.
What IN THE WHAT?
You might be thinking that I am now also ODDLY obsessed with eating lots of bees (THAT type of obsession would need rehab… Or a psychiatric ward?)… Because “shawarma” sounds like what might happen if you poke a bee‘s nest… But let me clear up THAT confusion for you too…
When it’s time to chow down… Shavings of the meat are cut off the block of the mouth watering beauty and served with tomatoes, cucumbers, hummus, tahini, and some people like to wrap it up in a pita.
Now when I get my mouth around “Joe”… I let the ACTUAL man in my life hang out with some “chicks”…
You may recall my TRYING to recreate the # 4 at Chick-Fil-A…
Well… He’s never ordered it again.
Damn MSG… Making everything taste better…
That being said… The recreation I am about to reveal to you… BLOWS THE “REAL DEAL” OUT OF THE WATER. I kid you not… And I have my friend Gina to thank for helping me create such a delicious masterpiece…
Swarm on over to the latest GiGi Eats to see how we made this SHAWARMA…
Looks like I no longer need Joe… So does that mean… No more chicks for Mr. Superior To Average?
Swarm Around This Chicken Shawarma
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 large thighs)
- 1/3 a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 generous tsp allspice
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne
- Salt and black pepper
- Nonstick cooking oil spray
It’s crazy HUMMUS I love these recipes…
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tbs water
- 1 tbs paprika
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt to taste
- Marinate chicken (cut into pieces) overnight (or at least 2 hours prior to cooking) in a container, plastic bag or bowl with the herbs, spices, and olive oil.
- When ready to prepare, lay hunks of chicken on a baking pan that has been lined with tinfoil and sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 400 degrees for about 15 minutes (turn chicken over at least once).
- While the chicken bakes, throw all the ingredients for the hummus, into a blender and whirl away.
- When the chicken is done, take it out of the oven, let cool for a minute, then cut up into smaller pieces (strip like).
- Heat a little bit of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and transfer chicken pieces to pan.
- Sautee for roughly 5 – 7 minutes, and then plate the aroma-bursting wonderment along side some hummus and maybe a little mixed greens, or whatever the heck you’d like, and… Try, just TRY, NOT to have a mouthgasm!
So Tell Me…
- If you could only live on one cuisine for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Have you ever had shawarma before?
- Do you have a restaurant you frequent so much that they know your order by heart?
- What food are you insanely addicted to?
- Do you find that you’re a creature of habit when it comes to the food you eat?
- Who thinks I should REGISTER for a spit as a wedding gift?
- Have you checked out my friend GINA’s blog?!