When I was in the UK… I saw a lot of CHIPPIES.
ON. EVERY. CORNER.
And because I am SO NICE, and we were ON VACATION… I ALLOWED
manfriend, wait… I guess I can now call him: FIANCE…
No. No. No. I did not let him indulge in THAT kind if CHIPPY…
I mean… We weren’t in Amsterdam, after all.
Instead, I let him get RANDY with… You know… England’s quintessential cuisine.
However… Now that I think about it… Would it have been better to let him indulge in the OTHER kind of CHIPPY?
I mean… Fish and Chips… Not exactly the definition of health food.
Then again… Prostitutes aren’t exactly known for being CLEAN either.
Any who… Seeing all these chippies, and smelling the oh so tastebud tantalizing yet artery murdering crispy batter cling to the flaky cod like your fingers, when you superglue them together… I was INSPIRED to create this classic English take-away in a healthy, GiGi-approved fashion… AKA: no deep frying, no potatoes and no processed white flour batter.
For all the swimmingly delicious details… Dive INTO the first GiGi Eats video OF THE YEAR!
Gone Fishing: For Healthier Fish & Chips
- 1 lbs Cod Fillet
- 1 C. Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 C. Tapioca Flour (you could use other flours, however the consistency may change)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbs Kelapo Coconut Oil (for frying)
- 1 Small/Medium Parsnip (or root veggie of your choosing)
- 1 Small/Medium Rutabaga (or root veggie of your choosing)
- Kelapo Coconut Oil Spray
- Vinegar, optional
- Sugar-Free Ketchup, optional
Cast a line for this recipe…
By swimming over to Kelapo Coconut Oil’s BLOG!
SO TELL ME…
- Did you miss me when I was gone?
- Have you ever had Fish & Chips before?
- If you’ve been to the UK, where did you visit?
- What’s healthier in your mind: Chippies or Chippies? BAH HA HA HA!
- Do you think about Nemo when you eat fish?