Do you remember what it was like to take your first EVER bite from an EXTRA LARGE cup of Dippin’ Dots?
For me, that experience (when I was, maybe 6?) was insanely mind-blowing, as I felt as though I blasted off into an alternate universe where only delicious mouth parties exist…
Well, my experience of getting the BEST brain freeze of my life, thanks to shoveling in Mint Chocolate Chip Dippin’ Dots way too quickly, pretty much mirrors my experience aboard Oceania Cruises’ Riviera Cruise Ship as this adventure was also mind-blowing, making me feel as though I launched into that same parallel macrocosm… Where of course, only SCRUMPTIOUS mouth parties exist!
Alternate realities can be quite confusing to understand at times (have you seen The Machinist or Donnie Darko?), but The Food Pervert (who joined me on this, what felt like a “fanta-sea”) and I filmed and pieced together a “behind the seas” of the entire experience to better help you taste it…
So over the next few weeks… I will be “seaducing” you with all the “ships, giggles and nibbles” that took part when The Food Pervert and I cruised from Athens, Greece to Rome, Italy aboard Oceania Cruises’ Riviera Cruise Ship.
You won’t be witnessing The Food Pervert devour any Dippin’ Dots though (no dairy for me anymore!)… Those are just way too inelegant for Oceania Cruises, which are known to offer up the best cuisine at sea (and offer culinary-centralised cruises, like the one Pervy and I embarked on)!
Some of what you WILL see in PART ONE of our “NAUTI” adventure, though…
- Almost getting trampled by the Evzones carrying M1 Garand semi-automatic rifles in Athens
- Pretty much falling off a donkey and landing in a steaming pile of Greek Donkey dung in Santorini
- Being reported as missing after the ship set sail (I got distracted by the sweet nothings all the Octopus was whispering in my ear).
- My Food Perverted Bestie face planting into Mt. Everest-sized portions of all the desserts you could ever dream of
- Perfecting my squats in a grocery store in Crete
- Venturing under the ship (with Chef Alban) to see just what it takes to feed all the hungry mouths (roughly 3000) aboard the Riviera
And too much more to list… So you’re just going to have to SEAS THE DAY with us!
Stay Tuned: PART TWO IS COMING NEXT WEEK!
So Tell Me…
- Have you ever been on a cruise? What was your experience like?
- Tell me about one of the most memorable experiences you ever had abroad.
- Have you crossed visiting Greece and Italy off of your bucket list yet?
- Cruises, yay or nay? Ever heard of Oceania Cruises before?
- Do you like gyros?
- If you’ve ever lost your luggage while traveling, what did you do?
- Do you remember the “ice cream of the future” (that uh, really had NO future at all)?