I am 10,000% POSITIVE that ALL OF YOU have wished at one point or another that you could “DO OVER” at least one crappy instance/decision/event in your life…
For instance… Do any of these situations ring a bell:
- “Why the heck did I think it would be a GOOD idea to agree to watch my neighbor’s four-year-old sextuplets while she’s on a week-long cruise through the Mediterranean… The day after I get my infected MUST COME OUT NOW wisdom teeth removed.
- “Ughhhhhh. It was stupid of me to enter that hot wing eating contest… 100 hot wings in 5 minutes… I. Can’t. Even. No. I. Will. Gimme. Trash. Can. NOW.”
- “If only I left 10 minutes earlier!!!!! Then I would have NEVER hit that… Wahhh!! Did it HAVE TO BE A Rolls Royce Phantom!”
- “Man, I wish we used that free condom that activist gave me the other day on the street corner. Shit.”
In the words of Twenty-One Pilots… Or Cher?: “If we/I could turn back time…”
(Which song’s tune came to mind when you read that line?)
Well, until Apple decides to GET ITS SHIT TOGETHER and INVENT a TIME MACHINE already… You’re stuck with harping (or perhaps… LEARNING?) over your bad decisions. Because yep… You can’t go back and DO OVER what you wish you could….
UNLESS… You’re in a movie… Specifically, the movie Do Over.
I mean, with a little movie magic… ANYTHING can happen. Have you SEEN Mars Attacks?
Well… If you haven’t… Don’t think for even a nanosecond that watching the movie Do Over, starring my guests on the latest GiGi Eats, is going to give you any sort of hint as to what Mars Attacks is about because Do Over has ZERO to do with aliens from Mars coming to Earth.
Do Over is actually a comedic indie-flick (hitting all streaming platforms October 11) where a group of friends (played by Drew Seeley, Jonathan Bennett, Amy Paffrath, Zack Lively and Gina Field [she also wrote the story]) decide it’s a REALLY good idea to find “the one they lost IT to” and do over that oh so
awkward AF special life event.
So yeah… No parallel to Mars Attacks. At. All.
Sorry… There is no alien role playing in the movie Do Over.
Gina, common, WHY NOT?
But really, I actually wish Tim Burton (the director of Mars Attacks) could go back and DO OVER the day he said “YES! Lets make a movie about a fleet of Martian space crafts surrounding the world’s major cities…”
That being said… Mr. Burton has what you might call F&^% YOU money flying out of his pockets (hello Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter), so I guess he can do whatever the heck he wants with his greenery.
And that’s me once again getting insanely OFF TOPIC!
Ohhhhh look… CHICKEN WINGS!
Nope, I didn’t just “DORY” again… Chicken wings are actually what the cast of Do Over wanted to DO OVER so as to make them a bit healthier (and Keto-Diet friendly)… Because who doesn’t want to DO OVER the hand movements of grabbing said wing (or leg) and bringing it to mouth and then munching on their roasted to perfection juiciness, tossed in a healthified buffalo sauce!?
NO ONE. That’s who… So with that, I give you, the latest GiGi Eats, where I am joined by some of the cast of the movie of Mar Attacks, excuse me, no, Do Over… Where we talk about our first times, what it’s like working on a movie with your significant other, and some behind the scenes secrets, all while making crispy chicken wings and legs!
BUFFED UP CHICKEN WINGS & LEGS
Overnight Marinade for Chicken:
- 1 – 2 pounds Chicken Party Wings & Drumsticks
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Salt
Buffalo Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1.5 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
So clucking good and ain’t nothing but a chicken wing…
- Coat chicken in MARINATE mixture and then lay chicken on a baking pan in fridge preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook chicken, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and when ready, bake your chicken for about 45 minutes, to get nice and crispy.
- While the chicken snaps, crackles and pops, it’s the perfect time to make the buffalo sauce.
- Simply combine all the above ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
- When the chicken is completely cooked, let it rest for a minute or two and then either dunk your chicken wings/legs into the buffalo sauce or place all chicken bits into the sauce bowl and coat meat completely.
- Serve your wings/legs up with diced cucumbers and tomatoes, celery and carrots, or WHATEVER you want!
You will definitely want to do this recipe OVER AND OVER AND OVER again… It’s THAT good!
SO TELL ME…
- You know the first question I am going to ask… So answer it!
- If you eat chicken… How do you like to prepare it?
- Have you ever worked with (at a job or on a work project) with your spouse? How’d that go?
- What bar food could you eat 50 pounds of in one sitting?
- Do any of those above situations truly ring a bell?
- Who’s going to watch Do Over when it hits all streaming platforms!?