Can you guess…
What kind of fish this is?
Let me give you some hints:
- This fish eats anything (this is why I am calling it the PIGGY of the fish world), including poop (yep, you read correctly!)
- Its omega-6 to omega-3 ratio is 11:3
- This fish may be worse for your health than hamburgers and donuts
- Native to Africa, this fish is now farmed around the world
Give up? Well, watch the latest GiGi Eats video to find out!
SO TELL ME:
- Did you know that THIS FISH is not so good?
- What’s your favorite fish/seafood?
- Do you even like fish or eat it?
- Did you have a pet fish when you were younger, or wait, do you have one NOW?
- Aren’t Narwhals AWESOME!?
- Share a fish recipe!
- What celebrity do you think this MYSTERY FISH looks like?
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
New FEASTS ALMOST EVERY Tasty Tuesday!
- Axe, Dr. Josh. (2012). Eating Tilapia is Worse Than Eating Bacon. Retrieved from http://www.draxe.com/eating-tilapia-is-worse-than-eating-bacon/
- Dr. Weil. (2008). Avoid Tilapia? Retrieved from http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400472/Avoid-Tilapia.html>
- Farm-Raised Tilapia Fish Contains Potentially Dangerous Fatty Acid Combination. (2008). MedicalNews.net. Retrieved From http://www.newsmedical.net/news/2008/07/08/39831.aspx
- Gardner, Amanda. (2008). Popular Tilapia Might Not Help Heart.USNews.com.Retrieved From http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/articles/2008/07/11/popular-tilapia-might-not-help-heart
- Nelson, Jennifer, M.S., R.D. & Zeratsky, Katherine, R.D. (2008). Catfish and Tilapia: Healthy or Harmful? Retrieved From http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tilapia/MY00167
- Rosenthal, Elisabeth. (2011). The Flip Side of Tilapia. The Perfect Factory Fish. Retrieved From http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/science/earth/02tilapia.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0