If you’re currently playing TETRIS with the leftovers you’ve acquired from your holiday feasts…
Only to LOSE THE GAME… When you realize a few minutes later that the refrigerator door has popped open… Much like the button on your pants after you eat one too many servings of that marshmallow rubbed turkey, sweet potato and pomegranate casserole….
Then you’re going to most likely come knocking on my door and kiss my feet when I reveal my latest recipe to you.
If you do try to kiss my feet, I will make sure to step barefoot in dog shit first! Just kidding….?
Not the fact that you’re going to praise the ground that I walk on when you see what was concocted this week… But the fact that this is “my” recipe… I do have to give some credit to THE PANCAKE QUEEN, ahem, Natalie over at A Fit Philosophy…
I’ve dubbed her the queen of the cakes that look like pans (?) because I swear… Every time I head over to her blog… The breakfast porn is strong. Strong like silver dollars (catch the pun, did ya?) being thrown in your face… Strong! Or maybe that just hurts?
So maybe now you can put two and two together?
What magic happens when a whole bunch of leftovers and a Hotcake (did I just come up with the newest and BEST nickname for Natalie?) come together in the kitchen… Oh yeah, with my bizarre brain thrown into the mix as well… Well, LEFTOVER PANCAKES. Duh.
No, these pancakes are not leftovers from breakfast… I’m talking… Mooshing ALL of your leftovers together and cooking them like you would a pancake. You may think eating horse crap mixed with pork lard and rainbow sprinkles sounds tastier, but really, who doesn’t love ALL the holiday food flavors together in ONE BITE?
Well… Then this recipe is SO NOT FOR YOU. But to all the rest of you: OPEN WIDE!
EVERYTHING in your Fridge Pancakes
For the exact measurements to this recipe… Head on over to KELAPO COCONUT OIL’S BLOG...
- Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Beans
- Coconut Flour
- 1 TBS Kelapo Coconut Oil
- Cranberry sauce, optional
- ALL YOUR OTHER LEFTOVERS, optional
Get rid of those leftovers like this…
- Throw all the goods in a bowl…
- Form patties, kind of like burgers…
- Throw the patties into a pan that’s heating on the stove over medium high heat, with a TBS of coconut oil in it.
- Cook each patty for 5-7 minutes per side.
- Plate and drizzle with cranberry sauce, or xylitol sweetened maple syrup (because now that the holidays are almost over you’re trying to reduce your sugar intake, RIGHT?)
- Scarf away!
- Kiss my feet.
SO TELL ME…
- Do you typically have so many leftovers that you could fill a pool and dive in head first?
- What’s your favorite leftover to have?
- How do you use your leftovers?
- What would you like to leave in 2015?
- TELL ME WHAT YOU GOT FOR GIFTS THIS YEAR?!
- Who here has made some of Natalie’s pancake recipes?!
BY THE WAY… I AM GOING TO BE taking a 2-3 week blog break as I will be traveling to England, Scotland, and maybe even France… Or really, who knows! I may even be headed to the MOON as well… Yep, I found an awesome Groupon deal for a trip to the MOON!…