If I had a NICKEL for every time someone sarcastically said, “GOOD LUCK WITH THE FOOD IN AFRICA”… I’d be able to buy myself another first-class round-trip ticket to Kenya. Now if I only had a PENNY for every time someone said this… Might I only be able to skirt by with a premium economy ticket?
Honestly though, what I would really want to do with all that loose change is throw it back in every snarky person’s face that acrimoniously “shit talked” the food as I proclaim how FORKING DELICIOUS my African eats actually were!
I’m grateful that I know how to hold it together (well, unless I am FUNGRY)… As I know the repercussions of throwing coins in people’s faces probably wouldn’t be in my favor… And instead of acting out scornfully, can simply share a recipe inspired by quite possibly the tastiest thing I have ever put in my mouth… Er. Um. Well. Uh. He. He.
First of all, let me put all of your doubts about the grub in Africa to rest.
The cuisine in Africa… TRUMPS the fare in the US…
Yes… Trump, the “shit hole” country I visited over the holiday… TRUMPS the food we’ve got circulating around the states. So, I’m thinking perhaps, WE are actually the shitty ones?
No, no… This girl does not talk politics… Ever… She is, however, an open book about PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING ELSE… So without further ado, let me introduce to you my tastebud’s new lover…
You see those sexy little nuggets of good ol’ (the croquette was “invented” in 1898) fashion lovin’. Yep… I’ve fallin’ HEAD FIRST for those SWEET POTATO CROQUETTES.
But this isn’t just ANY fancy tater tot… It’s a “GiGi-approved” hunk of sweetness that’s dairy, gluten, sugar, soy, nut, and fruit-free.
Africa knows how to please me. Oh yes, it does…
In fact, they take food allergies and intolerances FAR MORE SERIOUSLY than our “shit hole”… Crap, I JUST GOT DONE saying that I don’t talk politics, what am I doing? I need to just stuff one of these croquettes in my face (although when did food in my mouth stop me from talking?)…
Oh, but would you look at that?! I (and you?) am in luck because I tried my best to recreate the masterpiece created by Kicheche Camp chefs… And BY GOLLY GEE WHIZZERS… I may have gosh darn done it folks. Although my version is far less attractive, the aromas circulating my kitchen would have made anyone’s tastebuds prematurely… Drool?
Alright, I need to CHUBBY BUNNY the croquettes I made, or else more inappropriate commentary may spew out of my wide open trap…
Join me, will ya? Yes… Even you… The one who doubted the types of food I would shove in my face while exploring Africa…
SWEET POTATO CROQUETTES
- 5 – 6 oz Boiled Sweet Potato/Yam
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Swerve/Erythritol
- 1 Scoop Nuzest Protein Powder, Just Natural flavor
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Water Sweet Potatoes Were Boiling In
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, for dredging
In order to PLAY SOME CROQUET… No, no, make these croquettes… Check out my YouTube video for the step by step instructions!
SO TELL ME…
- Have you ever had a croquette before? If so, what kind and did you LOVE IT?
- Tell me about your most FOODGASMIC experience!
- Are you a dessert person… Or would you prefer to eat another savory entree?
- When you heard I was going to Africa… Did you question how the food was going to be? (You can admit it, I won’t throw nickels at you!)
- Do you constantly question the quality of food in the US? (If you don’t live in the US, but have visited, feel free to answer the same question – I would love to know what sort of reputation this country has in terms of its food).
This recipe is also a “touchdown” in the respect that it would make for a winning snack food for the upcoming “BIG GAME”.